LINCOLN LS Hydraulic fan or pump help. 8/11/15

krazyblackguy03

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have had many problems with the car and most of them have been able to be resolved. ive come to the issue with the hydraulic pump and my fan just spinning on low speed. we can stop it with our hands. we took the reservoir off and cleaned it out, spun the fan and pushed fluid out. the smaller side seems to be taking fluid down slow. we unplugged the actuator and still had no change in fan speed. I figured if we unplugged the actuator, the fan speed would decrease. it only start to overheat we have the ac on. it will go back to normal when the ac is off. the fan did use to run on high speed but now it just runs on the lowest speed. we can turn the fan pretty easily. im not sure if I should try to fix the actuator because the pump is 500 dollars, or just convert to electric. im hoping Joegr will help me because I can send him a private message right now.

thanks

first off let me just say that i did find a fix for this. let me tell you though it was a bitch to get this **** done only because i was learning as i was going. I had so many issues with this car that i dont even know where to start. what i did was first, remove the fan and shroud out. i bought a thermostatic temperature controller made by flex a lite, and i wired that to an electric lincoln ls fan that i bought from the salvage yard for 120 bucks. it is the same exact fan shroud and it lines up and fits in exact. the only thing that didnt line up with it was the auxiliary cooling pump, which i was able to zip tie that to the fan shroud. after that it was cake. I used a 300 amp fuse line for power. i started out with 8 guage wire and im sure you are probably going to need 4 guage power wire for that. then the rest is cake. flex a lite has videos showing you how to plug up the temperature controller. the fan kicked on at the right time and kept the car cool.

now the bad **** about this car. now that i look back, i know why the guy was so happy to take less and hurried up and signed that damn title. the coils were all bad from the jump. bough those on ebay the whole set for 80. changed my plugs while i was in there. ball joints and suspension is not very well after its been on the road for a while. the degas bottle that i had to change twice by the way because the caps are faulty just so you know. electrical issues with the heated seats intermittently working, fuel pump, the cooling fan issue, and then came the transmission. check this out, i was out cruisin one night and all of a sudden i turned a corner and coudlnt go. the car started getting hot from me revving it and i was going like two miles an hour. i sat for a while and let it cool down and somehow made it back home with a friend following. so i take it to a shop just to get it diagnosed. the guys calls me two days later and said he didnt pull and codes, but he was sure i needed new fluid and a filter because it was black. so i go to pick it up and he trys to charge me a 100. i said u " u didnt tell me what was wrong with it." so he doesnt charge me and tells me to bring his some business. anyways i get the car home and we decide to pull the transmission pan off ourselves. we do that and that oil was blacker that burnt engine oil. so we had to go buy a cheap pump from advanced auto, and a screw from home depot and pump new fluid into the tranny after cleaning up the pan and putting a new filter in. not only did the car stop whining when i started it up because the tranny pump was crying, it was smashing better than it ever had. i took it for a drive and for the next few days it was well. i decided to shine her up and sell her. some lady came and bought her for 3 grand and i bought a nissan altima for that same price. got a sweet deal. get rid of that car. the nissan is much more reliable, and better on gas. i do not miss the premium gas guzzler. good luck.

I changed the fan pump actuator and changed fluid fan works better then ever, huge headache gone

My fan started to run at full speed all the time making the car sound like a damn hovercraft. I replaced the valve below the fan reservoir. I cant remember its name, but I believe it was a solenoid type valve. I had a variable speed fan again when I was done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back