Lincoln LS Gas Mileage

anywhere from 10-30 depending on how well it's been maintained and the road trip. Average is 20mpg for both.

DONT get an LS unless its a V8 lol. Preferably Gen II. If gas mileage is your main concern, then according to factory specs, you only lose 1 mpg highway with the V8, but its more than offset by the added power IMO

You also lose the message center with the V6.

Two less coils to worry about with the V6:D

Nah, screw it. Get the V8. I wish I did.

17mpg "city," 26 highway.

Real city mileage is around 13 for me. Some stop and go, lots of stop signs, red lights.

Got 26 highway on the way to work today... V8 with 147 on the clock (and a noisy wheel bearing thats about to get fixed). Stop and go will kill mileage though. Real world combined for me is 20-22 (mostly highway with a couple onramps that require stepping on it). If you use "around town" expect around 17.

Wow, I must be doing real good on my02 then. I have a 02 v8 with 98k miles on it and I/m getting 19-20 in the city and the one road trip before leaking valve covers and 95k plugs i was getting 26-27mpg.

i wouldn't get another V6 unless it was a manual trans, then again i wouldn't get another 1st gen if i was to but another one (too many small things where changed that drove me crazy with my first one) so i guess i wouldn't buy a V6 again

Lol well the size of the compartment is another issue. The creaking is just outrageous. I'm considering taking it apart and wrapping some material around the bottom portion to keep it quiet.

Mine creaks a little too while driving, it happens when I turn. But most of the time ive got the radio turned up so I cant hear it anyways. ;) but I have yet to investigate it.

It creaks anytime any pressure is applied to it. It just sounds so damn cheap and that bothers me. Its because its two pieces and where it connects its just plastic on plastic. A "gasket" would solve the whole noise problem, just don't know how to go about it yet

It creaks anytime any pressure is applied to it. It just sounds so damn cheap and that bothers me. Its because its two pieces and where it connects its just plastic on plastic. A "gasket" would solve the whole noise problem, just don't know how to go about it yet

maybe like a thin strip of 3m foam tape around the upper edge

Members online

No members online now.
Back