Lincoln LS Big Brake Kits

mlara1129

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys,
As most of you know, I've recently acquired some Jag "R" big brakes and I'm considering putting kits together for you guys, and others (ebay), so you can just receive your package and bolt them right up and not have to worry about anything else...

I want to make this sort of brainstorming thread. I want to see what kind of interest there is out there for these considering they are hard to find, you need at least 18" wheels, and a full (front and rear) kit could run ~$1000 and up.
  1. What kind of kits would you like? Just calipers? Calipers and lines, and you pick out your own rotors and pads? full kit with calipers, lines, pads, and rotors? cross drilled, slotted, both, or blanks to save money?

Additionally I would like to see what would be the most popular color scheme for these calipers,
  1. Gold, red, black, silver, etc?
  2. Lincoln star or the word "LINCOLN"? What color? Black, red, white etc?
  3. Could also make the caliper and bracket different colors. Silver and black, gold and black, etc?
  4. I have a spare set of front calipers that I'll be refurbishing and would like to sell to someone on here, so knowing what kind of color scheme people would like most would really help.

Jag Big Brakes:
-Pictured are my stock (size) rotors.
479394EE-040A-4A62-B935-9BFFB07FFB84-188-000000058440A4C5_zpsa926f3ff.jpg

0079F721-A0DE-4C64-9A35-EE2A6FBDCFE8-188-0000000581C5F973_zps01b4571f.jpg

EA7D1D34-AF14-473B-9D96-3DEE7340ABAE-188-00000005FABCE4C8_zps629ca83b.jpg

Stock vs Jag Big brakes: (This is the Lincoln Star I want to put in place of the "R")
CBC61582-5EE5-435C-87DF-04E6573AE457-188-00000005FF93B261_zps557fdf01.jpg

And a video:
Lincoln LS w/ Jaguar Big Brakes - YouTube

Thanks guys.

Just to clear things up, there is no fabrication needed for these?

non-brembo, single piston jag s type R calipers are a direct fit( 03-05), brembo jaguar s type R calipers are not a direct fit (06-08).

Goodluck in your big brake kit venture.

What color are you getting yours?

So.....nothing fits the Gen 1????

thats years for jaguar gens, not ls.. Whatever brakes fit gen2 ls, fit gen1 ls.

gen2 str are from 03-05 that came with brembos, gen3 str are from 06-08 that came with brakes from a regular supplier so they are not brebom brakes, they're just beefy non-brembo brakes

thats years for jaguars gens, not ls.. Whatever brake fit gen2 ls, fit gen1 ls.

gen2 str are from 03-05 that came with brembos, gen3 str are from 06-08 that came with brakes from a regular supplier so they are not brebom brakes, they're just beefy non-brembo brakes

Cool Thanks for clearing that up!

I might be intrested :D

I might be interested depending on price. Kit with lines and calipers, and I choose my own rotors and pads. Silver calipers and black star.

I'm somewhat interested. I do need new brakes. The only thing holding me back is my 17" wheels with brand new tires..

Mlara,

What's good man.

Have you already done the upgrade? How do you like the stopping power?
.....sorry haven't been on here in a long time.

Any update on the kits?
Never took off. Not enough interest to justify the time and effort it takes to locate these.

Mlara,

What's good man.

Have you already done the upgrade? How do you like the stopping power?
.....sorry haven't been on here in a long time.
Hey dude, long time no see. Hows the cat?

I have not completed the upgrade yet. Waiting on tires for my 19s or another set of reasonably priced 18+ wheels. The calipers won't clear the stock 17s.

Hey dude, long time no see. Hows the cat?

I have not completed the upgrade yet. Waiting on tires for my 19s or another set of reasonably priced 18+ wheels. The calipers won't clear the stock 17s.

Gotcha. I will try to keep an eye out on the thread for updates.

The car has been good - very happy with it.

Members online

Back