Lincoln Continental 1995 Fuel pump or not ??

Dankar

LVC Member
Reaction score
Following my thread on Lincoln Continental...I am still having problems starting the car when it's cold outside. Symptoms: when the car has been off over night, the car will not start. (Will crank, but not start). I DO have a spark on the ignition and, as suggested, I replaced the crank sensor. This did not help anything! At first, the car will turn and act like it will start, but it just doesn't get started. It tries and tries. Then, it will start lean...run for a second or two and then shut off. It may take me over an hour of trying to start it to finally get it going. It always starts very lean, but then starts running. When it's over 50 degrees, it starts fine...only when it's cold.

I am starting to feel like it may be a problem caused by the fuel pump. I started looking on ebay and there is a repair module pump for $26.00. I would have to dismantle tank, remove pump assembly and install this one on.

Has any of you ever experienced these symptoms? Anyone have any suggestions?
That is the unit I am talking about!Link on EBAY Item number

Item number: 140191327177

Thank you for any feedback you can give me.

Lincoln avatar.jpg

I know this is an old message, but I am having the same problems. If I put a hair dryer on the FPDM the fuel pump primes and the car will start. Fordparts.com (i think this is the website) did n't have 9D370 as an available part number but did have 9D372. I think this same module is used in mid 90 Taurus's as well.

BTW my Lincoln is 95 with 293,000.

Any one else have this and fix with a new FDPM?

Used FDPM = start

got the used FPDM from a 95 Conti. First tried the key with the old, couldn't here the pump prime(3+ times trying). Then I put in the 17 year old part, heard the pump, turned the key all the way and it started.

Apparently the FPDM (fuel pump driver module) can go bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back