Left Corner Lamp Housing

pepperman

The Real Deal
Reaction score
I need the left corner lamp housing, if anyone has one let me know they are getting difficult to find. I have a 90 Continental.

i have a spare driverside one, its got a little crack in it though. when it gets warmer, i can get you just about anything, the junkyard i go to has many Essex contis.

Cool, how bad is the crack? I also need a trunk pull down motor and the radio antenna.

i 'll take a pic later tonight or tomorrow.
i didn't know we had electric trunk pull down, so i guess i need one too
My antenna is broken too
If you still need them when there's not a foot of snow on the ground, ill pick up 2 of each.

Cool, yeah we do have trunk pull down motors at least that is what is on mine. That is much appreciated.

most, but not all 88-94's had pull down motors. if ya find a bulk buy on em, lemme know, I need one too. its a very common problem. people slam the trunk shut and over time, that causes the motor and gearbox assy to break. the gearbox is only plastic afterall.

I am thinking that the pull down motor is the same type as used in a Town Car.

MichiganTeddyBear said:
hey pepperman... here is a possible prospect, but you better hurry, looks like Conti94 wants it too!

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48889

Damn right i want it, they are not easy to find in one piece.

I really hope he has a working window motor as well, unless someone else has one. I need one for the driver side window. Mine decided to die.

conti94, there is a very slim chance that I might be able to get you a working motor from a 90. I know where the parts car went to when I was forced to move so quickly. I dont know if its still there, if it is, I might be able to get some parts. BUT, it wont be till warmer weather.. the car (last I seen it) was under a bunch of snow.

Pepperman, the left front coner on my old parts car is creamed, no light assy for you there.

MichiganTeddyBear said:
Pepperman, the left front coner on my old parts car is creamed, no light assy for you there.

I will keep looking, those things are getting difficult to find.

Sorry it took so long, but that corner lens is more badly cracked than i thought, if you don't need it right away i can add an uncracked one to my list of things to buy at the junkyard.

MichiganTeddyBear said:
conti94, there is a very slim chance that I might be able to get you a working motor from a 90. I know where the parts car went to when I was forced to move so quickly. I dont know if its still there, if it is, I might be able to get some parts. BUT, it wont be till warmer weather.. the car (last I seen it) was under a bunch of snow.

Michigan, if you find a working one let me know I will gladly take it. Thanks alot man, much appreciated.

JLewisinSyr said:
Ok, maybe I'm missing something...but I checked Ebay for the light and trunk motors and I found both in seconds:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988...tegoryZ33717QQihZ005QQitemZ150093617332QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRUN...016QQitemZ260088831153QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Granted the pull-down motor is a little pricey, but easy to obtain.
Thanks for the info, I will check Ebay for the lamp housing, and the pull down motor well that is a little to pricey for me at the moment.

$10 + ship is the same as i can get you the lamp housing for .
the pull down motor isn't on the pricelist from the junkyard i have, which is usually a good thing(i got a BOO switch, the plug for it, and those horizontal woodgrain trim pieces for the dash all for $2.12 last time i went)

Oh, on the subject of pulldown motors, anyone know how i can open the trunk in the junkyard with no keys or battery? i dont want to crowbar it and destroy the motor. i usually have my 18v drill with me, so lets say using that's battery. can i somehow connect battery, ground, and one of the switch wires glovebox to pop it?

threadjack

I like em a lot, i saw them and couldnot leave them...IF i find more i could hook someone up, lol

/threadjack

ketyokeinnor said:
$10 + ship is the same as i can get you the lamp housing for .
the pull down motor isn't on the pricelist from the junkyard i have, which is usually a good thing(i got a BOO switch, the plug for it, and those horizontal woodgrain trim pieces for the dash all for $2.12 last time i went)

Oh, on the subject of pulldown motors, anyone know how i can open the trunk in the junkyard with no keys or battery? i dont want to crowbar it and destroy the motor. i usually have my 18v drill with me, so lets say using that's battery. can i somehow connect battery, ground, and one of the switch wires glovebox to pop it?
Let me know when you have the parts and i will send the money. There is a way using the fuse panel to pop the trunk open, but i don't remember how at the moment.

pepperman said:
Bidding on the first item has ended!!!!

Yes it did, like any auction you don't sit around waiting.

Another option to consider is car-parts.com and do a search there and just contact a few of the yards listed.

Ok, maybe I'm missing something...but I checked Ebay for the light and trunk motors and I found both in seconds:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988...tegoryZ33717QQihZ005QQitemZ150093617332QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRUN...016QQitemZ260088831153QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Granted the pull-down motor is a little pricey, but easy to obtain.

If I had more free time I could pay more attention to ebay. Looks like one of the auctions have ended though. Last time I found a lamp on ebay the bid went up to 60$ bucks. To much for a corner lamp in my opinion. Might as well get a new one from the dealer for that price.

If I had more free time I could pay more attention to ebay. Looks like one of the auctions have ended though. Last time I found a lamp on ebay the bid went up to 60$ bucks. To much for a corner lamp in my opinion. Might as well get a new one from the dealer for that price.

Just set up a saved search and let e-bay work for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back