LED side mirrors?

wow, I just read the thread. Those are what I was looking for. I might have to try it...I just hate the thought of cutting my side mirrors up. How did you go about cutting the holes in the mirror housing the right size? What did you cut with? Again, that is beautiful, professional work man. Have you seen these yet? Kinda neat idea too http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linc...005QQitemZ150025338886QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

yeah - saw the review of that mirror on HGTV - ...

I used a dremel - slow. little by little.....

the ebay numbers are too old to show me what donor mirrors you used. Do you remember what mirrors you bought? I want to get a light/lense that somewhat contours with the LS mirrors. Thanks a lot.

I was thinking of finding another car that has power mirrors and a similar mounting plate and try to "make" one of these cheapos fit. If I got it to fit nicely, would I be able to get the power mirror function to work properly?

Well - that is where I started - and I believe where Mike is - but after looking and looking.....

the wiring could probably be adapted, it's getting an acceptable outside fit that it the challenge.

No one is making them so it's a DIY type of project as Lou has said.

If I had made any capital when I had the gauge pods made, I was going to use it to have the M3 style mirrors made. But, I lost money on the gauge pod deal and Ken and I worked out a deal where he bought my remaining stock. So, wasn't going to sink any more money into any other projects.

To keep costs down, I was looking at Honda Accord replacement mirrors with the LED's which seem to have similar dimensions and may bolt on with a little modification. Of course, they were manual mirrors without defrosters which would've pi$$ed off many of the LLSOC members at the time, or cost me too much for heated, power mirrors with the same LED lights. This was all pre-LVC and I have no plans to ever produce anything for the LS aftermarket.

I've been away all weekend and spent all day at the range today so I appologize for not getting back to those who sent me emails about this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back