LED License Plate Lights

Those may be ok, but if the polarity is backwards on the bulb...you may be S.O.L. You may end up with light aimed in the wrong direction.

if you take the bulb out of the socket for the license plate, you'll notice that the bulb points downward, so the ones me and andrizzle linked for you will work just fine and they're the ones we're currently using and we haven't had any problems

I use the same ones drizz and bearsfan linked. They fit just fine for me.

Any problems with them staying on or did you use some resistors with them?

if you take the bulb out of the socket for the license plate, you'll notice that the bulb points downward, so the ones me and andrizzle linked for you will work just fine and they're the ones we're currently using and we haven't had any problems

I will try to take some pictures, because on my car, the socket definitely doesn't point downward. Are there different housings out there or something?

This is a picture from another thread on LVC, but it shows that the sockets don't point down, they point toward the inside front of the housing. With the LEDs you guys linked to, and the length of them, they'd end up butting up against the inside of the housing, and point right at it, instead of downward. You can tell it's even a close fit with the stock bulbs (they are almost touching the inside of the housing). Maybe this is something they changed on the 2nd gen?

attachment.jpg

That's a 2nd gen though. I swear the housings are definitely different. Can you post pictures of one of the housings, and how the socket slides in? From your picture, it looks like the bulbs would point straight down. That is not how my '02 housings are.

well its on a slant, but still some what downward, but the ones we posted will work just fine, i've had no problems with them.... now front turn signals and reverse lights on mine do however stay on for about 30 minutes after i lock it but i think it looks cool, oh and sidemarkers and the 3rd brake light (top one) will stay on

well its on a slant, but still some what downward, but the ones we posted will work just fine, i've had no problems with them.... now front turn signals and reverse lights on mine do however stay on for about 30 minutes after i lock it but i think it looks cool, oh and sidemarkers and the 3rd brake light (top one) will stay on

+1. did you use resistors on the front turn signals?

the lights i told you to get have 6 leds on them and yes they fit with out butting so i deff think you sould use these

if your talking to me i used them in front rear under dash and plate and the trunk light is different

Members online

No members online now.
Back