leather treatment?

markviii96

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, My leather seats seem like they could use a good treatment as they are getting those dry cracks (not to bad). What is a good product to use on these seats. Thanks

Thanks. I tried the search function and it wasn't bringing me anything, not even one post. I guess I wasn't doing it right.

Thanks. I tried the search function and it wasn't bringing me anything, not even one post. I guess I wasn't doing it right.

Takes some practice. I'll admit, it does suck. Most times, you're better off just going to Google and asking the question you want to know and add Mark VIII to it and you will likely see a link that brings you back here to this site or to the .org site.

^Good advice, that's what I do every time I want to search a forum (or you can type in the forum name at the end of the search if you know the info you want is on a specific site)

Also for the leather, I used Lexol one time and the seats feel baby skin soft.

I've also heard a lot of good things about Lexol, was mentioned in that thread pertaining to this subject. Was never clear to me tho where you get it at? Do they sell it in stores, or do you have to order it online?

I got Lexol conditioner from my local Advance Auto Parts store. Somewhere in the $8-$10 range, IIRC.

I use Bickmore 4. great stuff and smells great! can be bought at better saddle shops.

bickmore4.jpg

I agree with the Lexol using. I love it. I do it twice a day. Seats are hard and starting to crack. About 3 days and I could somewhat tell a difference. In about a week I could REALLY tell a difference. Totally worth every penny. I also use it on the door panels and dash, trim inside around the radio, and shifter. Good stuff. I get mine from Oriellys

I personally am just using the conditioner. Good results so far. My front seats were beat up pretty good when I got my hands on the car. You can still tell they're rough, but they feel a hell of a lot better now.

I use Meguir's and have used Lexol with good results in the past. Can't really go wrong with either one.

Just the lexol conditioner. I thought about using the cleaner first, but they aren't too bad.

I use Meguir's and have used Lexol with good results in the past. Can't really go wrong with either one.

+1 on meguiars gold class..softens it up nicely, I reapply it every month or so..I'd like to try this lexol stuff though, sounds like it's magic lol

3m makes a product called leather restorer that works great. I clean the seats with a magic eraser and then hit with the 3m. The make this chit called tire restorer too. It is my fav tire shine. Not too wet looking and it doesn't end up all over the fenders.

Ahhh finally found a good seat reconditioning thread. I too also have the dried seat issue. Think I will stop by the auto parts store today and pick up some Lexol on the way to work and try it out tom.

I can't be the only one, but I hate leather seats, one day I plan to have them reupholstered with fabric, at least for any part that touches my body

Been using lexol for years, have thier cleaner, conditioner, and vinyl/plastic treatment.

It's all any of my lincoln interiors have ever seen

Members online

No members online now.
Back