lean

lincolndude

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I took the mark for inspection last week,it failed the mech said something about a lean code.Any ideas on whats wrong?:mad:

More than likely, a vacuum leak. Do you know what the code is? What year vehicle?

Yup. O2 sensor. If its one bank there is a better chance of it being an O2 sensor. There are four, only the two upstream need to be replaced. The other two just make sure the cats are working right and rarely fail.

A leak can still cause this problem. But it idle is smooth and everything seems okay, its just a bad O2.

already did the o2 sensor last month.Idle is rough when shes cold but smooths out when she warms up

Sensor or sensors? They should be replaced n pairs. And which ones?

And a rough idle can be any number of things including a vac leak. What have you done for regular maintenance?

@ unity I put this up jan. 3rd.the mech replaced the pvc valve,its a little better but still running rough especially when shes cold.when it warms up its much better but still a little rough.

@ unity no this is different starts better the rough idle after starting started about 2 weeks ago

@ unity I put this up jan. 3rd.the mech replaced the pvc valve,its a little better but still running rough especially when shes cold.when it warms up its much better but still a little rough.

I am saying that this thread:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=77490

Which is from SEPTEMBER is probably related.

Wish I could fix stupid, but I cant. I suggest you take your car to a Ford dealer and have it looked at. It will cost a fortune, but its clear you are unwilling to take advise from here when people try to help.

Members online

Back