Keyless entry code

redcatman74

LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a Ford product (2003) that uses the standard keyless entry system that Ford has been using for years. Is there a way to get the vehicle specific code without having to go to the dealer, who wants $90 to hook it up to the computer and supposedly retrieve it? Is it stamped or hidden in the vehicle somewhere?

Thanks

The code for the door is printed on the module. What kind of Ford do you have?

redcatman74 said:
I bought a Ford product (2003) that uses the standard keyless entry system that Ford has been using for years. Is there a way to get the vehicle specific code without having to go to the dealer, who wants $90 to hook it up to the computer and supposedly retrieve it? Is it stamped or hidden in the vehicle somewhere?

Thanks

Are you talking about the door keypad? Did you try the truck latch? The number code should be there, if that's what you're looking for. Also try the owner's manual, somethimes they include the keyless entry card with the codes and warranty info on the PATS system...

There should also be a number of stickers inside the manual packet (the thing that has a zipper on it and contains the manual for the car). If there aren't any stickers there should be all the locations that the code is printed on the car in the manual.

redcatman74 said:

Thanks

I recently bought a 2002 blackwood and had the same problem expect i didnt come witha ownders manual. i took it to the dealer and they chargered me 49.95 to retrieve the code.

My code is on the module, next to the air suspension switch, and also on a card that is in the owners manual.

SCblackwood said:
I recently bought a 2002 blackwood and had the same problem expect i didnt come witha ownders manual. i took it to the dealer and they chargered me 49.95 to retrieve the code.

No way !!!
On your Blackwood, the module is directly above the brake pedal arm. Lay on your back, peering up there, you'll see a Gray or White 3"x2"x1" (roughly) plastic box with a number either printed on it, or a sticker affixed to the box.

For future reference of course :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back