keeping a black ls clean?

siddymae

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
what do you guys reccomend to keep them shiney for at least a couple of days it seems like every other day i am wiping it down or washing it.

what do you guys use?

Black paint is a fiesty one. I'd use between wash and wax detail spray. Especially since you got new paint, keep it fresh.

2001LS8Sport said:
Move here. Since it rarely rains, you can go a long time between washes!!

Yep! that is one thing I miss about Phoenix. A clean car stays clean for a while.:)

siddymae said:
what do you guys reccomend to keep them shiney for at least a couple of days it seems like every other day i am wiping it down or washing it.

what do you guys use?

Like KD said, black is tough to keep clean. If you can keep your car in a garage, it may stay cleaner a bit longer.

No doubt a good product, but Siddy if you use this be careful and make sure your car is not overly dirty. If you use the Quik Detailer on a really dirty car, you could scratch your paint.

i usually jus cover mine up with a car cover . thats works really well . usually if i dont do that its girty again in an hour without driving it . all the damn pollen in florida. black cars turn yellow in minutes here.

Black is beuatiful but needs a lot of upkeep.

What has worked for me is the usual keep it waxed and washed. And I use a California Duster. This is kind of a big dust mop that is red and is used to dust off the car when you stop. The threads in the mop have some ingredient, wild guess is silicone or a wax, that sucks up the dust and holds it in til you shake it off.

I have not worn mine out yet and have used it since 1997.

Just takes maybe a minute every time you park it. When the weather is dry I could keep my car sparkly clean for several weeks. When it is wet forget it.

Jim Henderson

Jim Henderson said:
Black is beuatiful but needs a lot of upkeep.

What has worked for me is the usual keep it waxed and washed. And I use a California Duster. This is kind of a big dust mop that is red and is used to dust off the car when you stop. The threads in the mop have some ingredient, wild guess is silicone or a wax, that sucks up the dust and holds it in til you shake it off.

I have not worn mine out yet and have used it since 1997.

Just takes maybe a minute every time you park it. When the weather is dry I could keep my car sparkly clean for several weeks. When it is wet forget it.

Jim Henderson

:iconcur: Freshly wax black car, attracts dust... and that California Duster is a my saving grace.

After you do that, and you want to go a little extra.. It takes about 10 minutes with a bucket of cold water and a chammy to wipe the car down. Great for water spot and grime from the road. You just need to rinse the chammy a lot.

Members online

Back