Kale mod?

Basically what it is is you add switches (or a single switch like I have done) and you can manually lower your Mark. You can also sensor lower it as well. Here are a few examples:

Before Sensor lowering:
beforesensor.jpg

After sensor lowering:
aftersensor.jpg

oldshoes.jpg

oldshoes2.jpg

Kale mod (Ray style):
omgitfell.jpg

I hope that answers your questions.

What's the difference between the Kale Mod and Henri's new Mod for overseas? I would love to be able to "easily" slam my Mark whenever I park. I would just hate waiting for it to pump back up. Can you simply put on a bigger compressor to make it pump up faster? Also, it woul dbe nice when cruising to put up with the slightly harser ride when dropped and then ride at normal height the rest of the time. I'm considering putting my Mark back to stock position because I just don't like the ride but I also don't like the looks at stock height. What a predicament.

Last edited:
MonsterMark said:
What's the difference between the Kale Mod and Henri's new Mod for overseas? I would love to be able to "easily" slam my Mark whenever I park. I would just hate waiting for it to pump back up. Can you simply put on a bigger compressor to make it pump up faster? Also, it woul dbe nice when cruising to put up with the slightly harser ride when dropped and then ride at normal height the rest of the time. I'm considering putting my Mark back to stock position because I just don't like the ride but I also don't like the looks at stock height. What a predicament.

The problem is not necessarily the compressor (although it is small for what you have in mind), but the biggest problem in the factory system is the SMALL lines that go from the compressor to the bags. You could put the biggest compressor you could find on the market AND a reserve tank and the speed would not be much faster......not to say it would not be faster....but not by much. The factory lines are SO small (diameter wise) it is nearly impossible to get any good flow ratings thru them at any volume. IF you wanted speed, you would have to change the compressor (factory one would crap out after a few cycles), add a reserve tank, add bigger lines 3/8 or bigger (depending on speed), and add new valves. All of this was done by Kale when he did his reserve system on his car. THAT is what makes the speed. IF you are only lookin for a parkin lot stance then you do not necessarily need to add all that. Just add the switch and be done with it, but if you want the total controlibility then you would have to go with all the stuff I just mentioned, and add a switch box that could control each bag, or just front and rear.

The system I have on the AssassinVIIIor is totally custom (with the exception of the bags......they are factory....but just revalved). I have complete control of my system, and it is independant of the air ride computer that is on the car. It will not lower itself at speed any longer (I did not want the computer dealing with the extra speed....I will adjust as necessary).

I hope that answers your questions.

ralph said:
i belive with the kale mod you can add a reserve tank to make the car rise faster

Not totally true. If you read my response to Bryan you will see that you not only would need a tank, but a different compressor (or compressorS), bigger air lines, and new solenoid valves to make it quicker. The meesily stock lines would not allow much more speed than what we already have. Some....but not much to brag about. If you also check out Kales reserve system site you will see what is needed and most likely why he added what he did.

Ray pretty much took the words out of my mouth...

For some real speed do what Ray did and throw in a couple of Nitrogen tanks! (That's still on my to do list) You might even be able to run Nitrogen on stock components and get acceptable results.

I actually still use the stock compressor and have found out that it is a VERY reliable unit. It's comparable to a VIAIR 450. I use the 450 and the stock M8 pump to fill seven gallons to 150psi. I also run 1/2" lines and SMC valves.

BTW, Eddie Spinks is coming out with a custom M8 strut. I talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he has something on the drawing board.

Kale

He's talking about putting a Koni adjustable shock section and adding schrader valve so you can air it up manually like a tire. Some other stuff too.

A stock strut w/o the bumpstops would work fine for people like me who want an extra couple of inches up front. I think that's what Ray had done to his...

Kale

I have talked to Eddie about removing the bumpstops but that is not what I am looking for. I want to permanently lower the car 2 inches while maintaining the stock bag height settings. Ie: I want to maintain a full bag for better ride characteristics. I'm close to something I think will work and will work with Eddie to bring something to the community. The problem with sensor lowering is the larger the fold you put in the bag, the more prone it is to leaking and the worse the performance of the strut is. Something should be resolved in the next month or so. Stay tuned....

The problem with sensor lowering is the larger the fold you put in the bag, the more prone it is to leaking and the worse the performance of the strut is

After five years of having a modified air -suspension on my car, I have to totally disagree with that one. I've had my car for almost 100K on the same (stock) bags and not one problem yet. I actually think airing the bags up and down HELPS PROLONG the life of the bags. My rear bags are stock too and the car has over 150K. I normally drive my car below where it would sit at the sensor lowered position.

I can't think of one logical reason why "small folds" are better than "big folds". The airbag has a fold in it either way, what's the difference? From what I have seen, bags that fail for reasons other than normal wear and tear, usually do so because of a bad seal. There are lots of people buying junk airbags that aren't sealed correctly...

Kale

my idea of air ride is like semi automatic.
i want to control the front and back of the car (upper or lover it) and i would like to have a button to switch back to automatic air ride. Is it possible or anyone done this before?

Members online

No members online now.
Back