K&N Filter On Caddy?

CaddyMaster said:
Anybody have experience/results of adding a K&N air filter to their Northstar? If so, please share!

Save your money and just get a paper filter for $8 at walmart.

You will get an audible increase of more air flow. You should remove the air silencer(s) that further restrict the air intake too. How much of a benefit you will see depends how restricted the stock air intake is. It made my LSC nicer by deepening the exhaust note a little and by making the engine sound more distinct. I can't tell if it helped performance. It's a worthwhile modification to me. I never have to buy a paper filter again.

Just for that fact that it will be the ONLY filter you will ever buy is worth it.

I personally never have seen anything more then 2hp at the wheels with a K&N unless the vehicle was under pressure, that was a different story.

I tried a K&N filter on my 98 STS and notice a slight drop in low end torque. If you don't mind that, the trade off of never really having to replace your filter makes it worthwhile. I found that a FRAM filter seemed to work just fine though. :steering

Been running a K&N for a while. Doesnt help on power, but the no replacing is nice. Going to change it for a cold air setup sometime.

Unless you're planning on other mods, the K&N will not net any increase in power and "could" actually give you slightly lower bottom-end torque as mentioned. SOTP differences are all that matters in this case.

K&N will deliver more air than a regular Celluose Filter but you sacrifice exposing your engine and oil to a tremendous amount of dirt - you will get much better performance with an AMSOIL EA Air Filter and you will not contaminate you engine with the extra dirt. go to Amsoil.com for more info..

Members online

No members online now.
Back