Just thinking

Psychostang

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the new 2013 ford/lincoln lineup, and noticed the new 3.7ltr V6 that will debut in the MKS and MKT. 300 hp and prolly 275/280 ftlbs torque. I know its either fwd or awd, but do you think it would be possible to mate this new V6 engine to a rwd trans. I thought it would be a good replacement for the 4.6 dohc. Would definately lighten the load up front a little bit. Gen 1's could use a little bit of weight reduction up front. 63/37 f/r weight bias. :cool:

never EVER will i put a V6 in my mk.

why put in the 3.7 when you could do the 3.5 eco?!?! or the 5.0 coyote

I was looking at the new 2013 ford/lincoln lineup, and noticed the new 3.7ltr V6 that will debut in the MKS and MKT. 300 hp and prolly 275/280 ftlbs torque. I know its either fwd or awd, but do you think it would be possible to mate this new V6 engine to a rwd trans. I thought it would be a good replacement for the 4.6 dohc. Would definately lighten the load up front a little bit. Gen 1's could use a little bit of weight reduction up front. 63/37 f/r weight bias. :cool:

Well, you could take out your seats! Lol, they look pretty heavy anyways, anyone know how much they weigh? Front and back?

I was mainly thinking about increasing fuel efficiency, while keeping the same general power range. Reducing weight on the front, would create better handling and reduce the stress on front suspension componenents.

Well it seems the 2012/13 mustang uses the same 3.7ltr v6 in a rwd platform, with an available 6 speed automatic. Its rated at 19city/31highway, with the auto. All on regular gas. I wonder if they make a crate engine kit, like the coyote 5.0. Complete with computer pack.

If you want to do that bad enough, just wait til totalled '12-'13 V6 mustangs start showing up in boneyards... its bound to happen

Increasing fuel efficiency is nice and all, but compare the cost of the motor to the fuel savings and I bet you wouldn't be saving that much, if at all.

Increasing fuel efficiency is nice and all, but compare the cost of the motor to the fuel savings and I bet you wouldn't be saving that much, if at all.

Stop rubbing it in that you got the sweet "chine blue" with that pic will ya. :D

I'm sure there will plenty of mustangs in the junk yards, so I can get a good deal on one.
LOL@Mike. This is far from an Ed Hall move. :)

I want to get a Lincoln Ls and swap a mark viii engine mated to a t56

^ This reminds me of an argument I had with a guy back when I used to take my Mark VIII to the local car-guy hangout. Guy tried to say all the V8 Lincoln LS's had 4.6 DOHC's. I told him otherwise, but he was certain that's what it was and wouldn't take no for an answer. Of course, this was the same guy who had a '94 T-Bird 4.6 and told me it was a DOHC Cobra engine and it came that way from the factory. He was so confident he could beat my Mark VIII because he had the "same engine" I had, but he had a Jet chip and his car was lighter. I told him he had the SOHC, but he wouldn't believe me. I even popped my hood next to his car one night and showed him the engines were different, but his answer to that was "Oh, you have a '93. Mine's a '94. You must have the old version of the Cobra engine in yours." Finally, I got tired of it and decided the next time he came out, I was going to race him and put $20 on it since he was so sure he was faster, but wouldn't you know it, the next time he came out, before I could challenge him, he came up to me and said "You're right. I did some research and my car has the Mustang GT engine and not the Cobra engine. You'd probably beat me if we raced."

i know its possible. the guy with the drift thread has the t56. im still waiting on the coyote from godfather, but now that my current motor is having issues ill have to push.still going to be more than i have or to replace current setup without touching tranny.

I was looking at the Newer Mustangs with V6's with Auto on CoParts. But was thinking of putting it in an old MG GT.

Members online

Back