Just need a double check on stereo wiring, '04 LS

Motox20

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 2004 Lincoln LS with the premium 6 disc changer and I'm putting in an aftermarket stereo. So I've got the harness for my model and I'm hooking them up now, but I want to verify that the two blue/white wires for the amp turn on(the ones from the harness with the RCA's) both go to the one blue wire on the radio harness, also adding in a couple 1K resistors to prevent the popping.

I'm assuming the blue wire from the vehicle harness isn't used then? Before I start soldering just need to double check this and see if there is anything else to be aware of when installing an aftermarket stereo. Thanks for any and all I put.

Also for reference my new stereo is the Sony MEX-N5000BT. It has three sets of RCA's, front/rear/Sub. The RCA's from the harness go into the sub RCA's, correct? It's been years since I've installed a radio, and the LS has a couple things I haven't dealt with so just want to be thorough.

Here's the pin out for the subs and center channel (console speakers)

sub_center_conn.jpg

Note that it is a mono signal (not left and right) to the subs, and a mono signal to the center channel. Since your deck (like most) does not have a center channel output, there is no reason to connect the console speakers. They would only confuse the stereo separation.

sub_center_conn.jpg

I would only connect it to the blue/white wire in pin 4, and leave the other unhooked...

and I dont think its the case with the LS, but check the other car side of the harness where that blue wire is, a lot of the newer fords do use that wire to turn on an amp for the in glass antennas.

Members online

No members online now.
Back