Just Got My Ls Today!!!!!!!

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So happy- got a beautiful burgundy color with tan interior in fantastic shape with only 27K miles, 2002 V-6. Price was $16,325- might seem a bit high, but the car is in mint condition, and just drove it back home and averaged about 30 mpg I kid you not!

Once I get a digital camera I'll post pics, but absolutely thrilled so far! Thanks for all the help guys!

Drives like a champ- only complaint is that the windshield seems to get a bit dirty, or there is some sort of residue on the windshield that shows?

captainalias said:
So happy- got a beautiful burgundy color with tan interior in fantastic shape with only 27K miles, 2002 V-6. Price was $16,325- might seem a bit high, but the car is in mint condition, and just drove it back home and averaged about 30 mpg I kid you not!

Once I get a digital camera I'll post pics, but absolutely thrilled so far! Thanks for all the help guys!

Drives like a champ- only complaint is that the windshield seems to get a bit dirty, or there is some sort of residue on the windshield that shows?
so your saying all this time you've been on this thread you never had an ls....the way you posted it sounded like you did. Congrats by the way

stateproperty3423 said:
so your saying all this time you've been on this thread you never had an ls....the way you posted it sounded like you did. Congrats by the way

More importantly, he didn't get scared away! :)

Congrats.

stateproperty3423 said:

I just wanted to make sure I was going to make the right choice! :) And I did.

captainalias said:
I just wanted to make sure I was going to make the right choice! :) And I did.
you wont regret it neither. Ive only had my ls for 5 weeks and we already have a strong bond with eachother :L

stateproperty3423 said:
if you dont mind me asking what kind of conditon is your leather in

Really fantastic condition- once I get a hold of a digital camera, I'll take some pix.

Only complaints are that the glove box is really tiny due to the CD changer, and the arm rest has minimal storage (I think they fixed this in the later models).

But hot diggity!

captainalias said:

Congrats! I'm glad you like it.

grats on the car, I also have a '02 v6 with 48K on it. No problems so far, well besides a foggy headlight! =X

bingbangyadda said:
grats on the car, I also have a '02 v6 with 48K on it. No problems so far, well besides a foggy headlight! =X

What's the 0-60 time for the V-6? I was at a stoplight today against a new Mercedes E500, and felt tempted to floor the accelerator, as I saw the driver looking over my car. But I didn't want to lose either... :)

Oh, ok, it's about 6.8 seconds for the LS-8, and 7.8 seconds for the LS-6. I think I would've lost.

stateproperty3423 said:

Like someone who posted how the LS handles in the snow but didn't own one yet? It hasn't snowed here in the last 5 weeks. :slam

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=8736&highlight=snow

Hey this IS the place to learn real world about the LS. You know you can't believe the dealer, they lie like a sales guy (no offence to sales people).

I read the posts on this site before I bought my car and I know I knew more about it than the dealer did.

captainalias said:

Congrats... good choice! :L

Some noob questions- although the front brake pads and rotors were changed before I bought the car, I'm hearing some squealing noises during the breaking. Also, a plastic piece covering the bottom of my front fender fell off and is scraping along on the bottom; if I take the car into the shop for a repair, will they be replaced at no cost (only labor), or not? According to the manual, they're not under the new vehicle limited warranty section.

Also, I'm assuming I'll get a loaner car, or does that depend on the dealer?

Members online

No members online now.
Back