just bought 66 continental sedan

LsUnV2

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first off, still have the ls, second, came across a 66 continental had to buy it. It runs and drives great, smooth shifts. All instruments work the chrome is virtually flawless. Interior is 100% original and a 8.5 out of 10. It has the usual dash crack. Underneath the original under coating is 80 percent still intact. No rotting floor boards etc. the paint was re done in 1986, its straight as an arrow. I'm obviously going to do a re paint which lies my problem. The rear quarters are rusting right above the wheel. The inner Wells are solid so I'm hoping I can find just the section above the wheel on both sides rather than trying to replace the whole panel. also behind the passenger rear door at the bottom is starting to rust through. So does anyone know of a parts catalog specific for this vehicle. She is a beauty and need to get her 100 percent

I'm not sure were to get panels/parts for this car.
It might demand fab work.

Hard to tell what needs to be made without getting the paint off it and see what is hidden under the paint.

Sounds cool! pics?

These old Lincolns don't have the aftermarket/replacement parts following some of the muscle cars/pony cars have from the same era. I've only seen one website selling new/rebuilt parts for my '72, and that was about 10 years ago now, and for the life of me, I don't remember where it was. I had it bookmarked, but that was on one of my old computers died, so I have no idea. I know it covered Mark IV's and V's (70's), but I don't know if they had anything for 60's Continentals, or even if they're still in business. I've been thinking about trying to find them again here lately anyway, so if I find anything, I'll let you know. Otherwise, you might have to either fab something up like Ford Nut said, or try to find a nice, rust-free section from a Continental being parted out. If you want to try the latter, Lincoln Land in Florida used to be a good source for parts. Again, I assume they're still in business. I haven't heard anything about them in a number of years now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back