junk yarding

HANG THE EXPENSE

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Went to this one yard today and found a 93 mark 8 that somebody cut the roof off with a chop saw.Perfect hood and a set of IMRCs and Y pipe and last but not least a beautiful 1 piece drive shaft.All for83 dollars.H e l l of a deal.

93s especially have crap hoods, don't leave it in the sun. The 93 I got from gman had decent paint under the dirt..minus the scratches that went from one side to the other the entire length of the car. But there's 0 rings yet which is a huge plus

Even spare imrcs are a good idea, ive got 2 sets that I still need to clean -caugh- Bill

Nice steal on the drive shaft, I traded my spare for some parts I needed :-( now I can't put it in the 98

I have a 93 with the rings or dots on the hood. Can't really see them that bad. Looks like spots where hood was bonded together? Right?

its urethane puddles from the inner and outer skins being joined. usually they only show when the hood has been sanded and repainted, if you dont know how to prep them, you will see the rings.

Looking over my car it does look like hood was repainted at some time in its life. My car is not a show car its my toy car and hood is shinny so i'm ok with it. But thanks for the heads up.

spares

You got all that stuff wrong with your car?

No, just thought spares would be a good idea.The car was close to being crushed and I couldnt stand to see good spare parts go to waste.I will O/H the IMRCs and then change them out on my car.The hood may be another mod if I can get the first one finished.The driveshaft was PUSS PUSS and was worth paying a guy 30 bucks to take it out for me as I didnt have the tools with me.Capitalism at its finest.It was the only Mark8 left in the yard so I thought it prudent to act.I need a passenger side marker assy and havent found one yet.You got a good spare to sell?

Members online

Back