Joey bought a 1998 Lincoln Continental

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup = I bought a 1998 Lincoln Continental

vbpgimage.php

More pics in my garage HERE

I actually like it! Its got some balls, handles nice. I havent dug into it too deep, but looks pretty good mechanically and aesthetically so far.

Paid $4800 including tax, title, etc. 125,000 miles - was a fleet car (company executive car) and I have all maintenence records and it appears it was well maintained.

Wow nice ride man, is the softtop stock on those rides ive never really paid to much attention to the ones around here.

itsme said:
Wow nice ride man, is the softtop stock on those rides ive never really paid to much attention to the ones around here.

No - its not stock - but I think it really 'finishes' the look of the car.

I know I need to get different rims - something chrome, and I ahve a few touch up details, like the lincoln emblem on the front needs to be replaced, but all in all it looks pretty damn good I think.

Joeychgo said:
No - its not stock - but I think it really 'finishes' the look of the car.

I know I need to get different rims - something chrome, and I ahve a few touch up details, like the lincoln emblem on the front needs to be replaced, but all in all it looks pretty damn good I think.

Yeah i kind of dig the softtop on there defianty sets apart from all the others, what are looking at for rims and tires?

itsme said:
Yeah i kind of dig the softtop on there defianty sets apart from all the others, what are looking at for rims and tires?

Dunno. I havent checked the bolt pattern yet - so im not sure what'll fit. Im thinking a bit bigger - like maybe 18" - and a little wider too. Give it a little meaner stance.

Its a little hard to tell because I havent had it waxed yet - but the paint looks pretty damn good. The back bumper needs to be painted, but thats really it.

Ive been looking for one for awhile. Its mainly for the wife. I was contemplating between a Conti and an LS - just waiting on the right deal to come along. She likes FWD, and I like it for her. They handle better with snow and what not, and she drives like she's Ted Kennedy and the liquor store is closing in 5 mins. SO I wanted a car that handled a little better. PLus I wanted her to have a 4 door and to also KEEP HER HANDS OFF MY 2 MARK VIIIs! ---- Soooooo.... :)

For $5k I coudnt go wrong.

Joeychgo said:
Ive been looking for one for awhile. Its mainly for the wife. I was contemplating between a Conti and an LS - just waiting on the right deal to come along. She likes FWD, and I like it for her. They handle better with snow and what not, and she drives like she's Ted Kennedy and the liquor store is closing in 5 mins. SO I wanted a car that handled a little better. PLus I wanted her to have a 4 door and to also KEEP HER HANDS OFF MY 2 MARK VIIIs! ---- Soooooo.... :)

From what I read in your garage and looking at the pics it looks like you got the right deal :cool:

I contemplated getting her a Caddy too - but the Seville and Eldorado can be a real pain to work on and I am much more familiar with the 4.6 Lincoln engine - except - they mounted it sideways...

Joeychgo said:
KEEP HER HANDS OFF MY 2 MARK VIIIs! ---- Soooooo.... :)

So that is the real reason :joke Godfather that was to good to pass on , I knew there had to be a good reason you just didn't want her driving your 2 Mark VIII's :D :D

When I looked at it I loved it. The color is sweet!!! I wanted it, but Can't afford it right now. Congrats Joey on a the ride.:Beer

Conti94 said:
Joey, I love it!! I think I saw that car the other day. I actually stopped off to check it out. Crazy!!! Is it this one???

Yup

..she drives like she's Ted Kennedy and the liquor store is closing in 5 mins...
hummm guess that MAKES YOU TED KENNEDY!!
:lol: :lol: :steering :bowrofl:​

Nice Ride BigDaddy!!! Lucky Wifie!!!!!

Debi

i simply cant belive it. only 5k USD for a 1998 Continental ??? i hate Romania i hate it i hate it i hate it

here's what you can buy here for ~7k USD

this :q:q:q:qty DACIA SOLENTZA , a crappy car made here in Romania under the sign of Renault (bull:q:q:q:q) , a junk car with the single option of air conditioning (manual) !
solenza-f.jpg
or it's new 2004 model big brother LOGAN hahaha , this ugly car that costs nearly 9000 euros (~10700 USD) in it's full version (and that includes power windows, manual A/C, and central door locking ! lol

see here the LOGAN in a drive test in Germany lol

0,1020,497676,00.jpg
dacia-logan-prueba-alce-bis.jpg

Dacia_Logan.jpg

it's a bit offtopic but i'm mad when i see such a low price for a conti

Members online

Back