Joe...... You OK?

LS4me

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Joe, I just saw some flooding in Gulfport and that you got a boatload of rain. Were/are you affected? Any damage? Hope all is well......

How are the LSes ;) :p

We're all fine. The only flooding I've ever had at my house was during Katrina. We had a few inches in the street this time, but it cleared by the time the rain stopped. The house (and garage) is a few feet above street level.

Glad the waters not making it to the house, that's always a nightmare

and I thought we had it bad with the tornados last week. Still $2,400 in damage with a $2,200 deductible :mad:

We're all fine. The only flooding I've ever had at my house was during Katrina. We had a few inches in the street this time, but it cleared by the time the rain stopped. The house (and garage) is a few feet above street level.

EXCELLENT news!! Thanks!

Glad the waters not making it to the house, that's always a nightmare

and I thought we had it bad with the tornados last week. Still $2,400 in damage with a $2,200 deductible :mad:

That's why I don't have earthquake insurance. The deductible is 10% of the damage!

Gulfport huh? I've been down there a bit. Spent some money on some casio that was a boat. Seemed like a nice place, glad everything is well.

Gulfport huh? I've been down there a bit. Spent some money on some casio that was a boat. Seemed like a nice place, glad everything is well.

They're almost all on land now, but still near the water.

EXCELLENT news!! Thanks!

That's why I don't have earthquake insurance. The deductible is 10% of the damage!

Really? I DO carry earthquake insurance because being in the Midwest we have to contend with the New Madrid fault which is way overdue to pop. We had some pretty big warning quakes a couple of years ago, and quakes operate on a multi-year basis. The last time it really popped was in the early 1800s, when the force was so strong that it's said the Mississippi River actually flowed backwards. If it hits hard again, it's unlikely that any houses affected will survive. A 10 percent deductible would be a lot easier to deal with than a 100 percent loss, a 10 percent deductible means 90 percent is paid. Not to mention that the way the universe works, as long as I have insurance nothing will happen but the minute I drop it, BAM!

Word of warning, if an earthquake hits the insurance company will have a waiting period of several months before the insurance is active. That means you'll pay, but you won't be covered until the waiting period is over. My policy is about 138 bucks a year, house is insured for full rebuild cost of 202,000 dollars.

Really? I DO carry earthquake insurance because being in the Midwest we have to contend with the New Madrid fault which is way overdue to pop. We had some pretty big warning quakes a couple of years ago, and quakes operate on a multi-year basis. The last time it really popped was in the early 1800s, when the force was so strong that it's said the Mississippi River actually flowed backwards. If it hits hard again, it's unlikely that any houses affected will survive. A 10 percent deductible would be a lot easier to deal with than a 100 percent loss, a 10 percent deductible means 90 percent is paid. Not to mention that the way the universe works, as long as I have insurance nothing will happen but the minute I drop it, BAM!

Word of warning, if an earthquake hits the insurance company will have a waiting period of several months before the insurance is active. That means you'll pay, but you won't be covered until the waiting period is over. My policy is about 138 bucks a year, house is insured for full rebuild cost of 202,000 dollars.

Last time I checked it was much higher here. Then again, we get many quakes here; the vast majority being 4.0 or less. Those hardly qualify..... They've been saying for over 45 years (that I can remember) the San Andreas fault is centuries overdue. Then there are the new faults they find when they rupture..... Nothing like a little foot massage!

[video=youtube;lKXL7InZqxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKXL7InZqxY[/video]

We don't get them very often here so the insurance company doesn't charge much but from what I've read about it when we do get one it'll knock down about 90 percent of everything.

Members online

Back