jmod question

mark82nv

biotechnical engineer
Reaction score
ok have read up on the jmod i have some questions.
1. is there a jmod kit that is already done?
2. if im in my transmission is there anything else i should take care of while doing this?
3. if i have to pay to have this done is it better to get a shift kit instead?
4 .is there anyone around nw iowa who would do this for me?
5.if i copy the ttcoa will a tranny shop be willing to do it?

im sorry if this is answered elsewhere i have checked a few threads but not all.
i have never been inside my transmission or any for that matter but i do have some mechanical skills (not a lot) i dont have a lot of money but would love to do this so any help is a big help to me
thank you
jt:)

p.s. what does wot stand for?:confused:

1. is there a jmod kit that is already done?

Yes... you can buy kits that have a premodded separator plate, and you can buy full pre done valve bodies...

2. if im in my transmission is there anything else i should take care of while doing this?

If you have a 93-97 replace all the springs and accumulators, they are of faulty design. Also replace the fluid and filter (duh...)

3. if i have to pay to have this done is it better to get a shift kit instead?

No, the jmod is a "shift kit" and nothing on the market for our trans is better imo... this is the easiest way to increase the durability of the trans.

4 .is there anyone around nw iowa who would do this for me?

Drive up to MN and I'll help ya out :D

5.if i copy the ttcoa will a tranny shop be willing to do it?

I don't see why not... but you should ask them first... nothing involved should be above any person with limited mechanical abilities.

thanks for replying. where you at in mn ? and where can i order this kit? if you were to help me what this,what kit should i get? and do the springs and accumulators come in a kit?

5.if i copy the ttcoa will a tranny shop be willing to do it

alot of trans shops wont... they refuse to listen to customers.

if you find a trans shop that WILL do it, go for it.

The Jmod instructions are so simple even a caveman could do it.
no offense to cavepeople!

thanks for replying. where you at in mn ? and where can i order this kit? if you were to help me what this,what kit should i get? and do the springs and accumulators come in a kit?

Lonnie at BOC sells a predone kit, or you can call up Max at 5 star Ford and he can hook you up with everything you will need.

Where can the pre-made JMOD kits be found at? I think that I'm going to get it done on my 1997 Mark VIII with 79K mi.

alot of trans shops wont... they refuse to listen to customers.

if you find a trans shop that WILL do it, go for it.

The Jmod instructions are so simple even a caveman could do it.
no offense to cavepeople!

I did this with the 95 4 years ago during a reseal. still works great. After I explained the purpose of it to the guy, he told me that they do it GM 4L80' & the 4L60's too.

Where can the pre-made JMOD kits be found at? I think that I'm going to get it done on my 1997 Mark VIII with 79K mi.

Try re-reading this thread.
The answer you seek has been posted above.

i will have a fully j-modded valve body from a 97 4R70W in a week or so, i recently swapped a 98 trans into a customers 97 mark VIII and got the old trans as partial payment. i have cleaned the valve body completely and will be ordering new gaskets for the seperator plates this week and will be j-modding the valve body and selling it as a plug and play.

Members online

Back