Jiffy lube sucks

rainjacks

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know. Why did I go there to begin with? Well, it was cold and I'm driving to. Minneapolis today and wanted fresh oil. Well, I should have done it myself like usual. When I pulled out of their driveway the engine light was on. This morning I got it scanned and found it was an issue with the air intake. When I looked under the hood many of my plastic pins holding down the covers were missing. The MAF connector was loose and the air filter box wasn't closed tight. It took me over an hour to fix their stupidity. Negating any time savings. Not doing that again.

why would they be messing around with ur intake? i used to work for jiffy lube (shutup) but i never had to mess with any intake unless for some reason we had to do a headlight replacement where the intake got in the way. i cant speak for other jiffy lube employees but i never really half assed an oil change job. i mean seriously what is there to do on a basic change? drain the oil pan retorque change filter and fill her up with the correct amount of oil and check to see if the oil filter gasket is tight and if the gasket is ok and check for any leaks. add the tamper seal and thats pretty much it. only thing that pissed me off is when people come in with messed up cars to begin with like stripped drain plugs and other stuff and then try to blame us for stuff. not saying its the case with u im just sperakin in general

I would assume that the checked or replaced the air filter.
I would never go to any kind of chain shop for anything more than tires.

oh yea lol....been so long i forgot about inspection checks.....still.....i dont think theyd be messing with ur maf.

A couple of years back a "Free Oil Change" offer came in the mail from a newly opened lube shop. A few days after the oil change, I noticed the oil fill cap was missing. I can't remember if the missing cap triggered a CEL or not. Anyhow, a day or two after that, the front right bank oxygen sensor AND the front left bank oxygen sensor failed. The car was right at 50K miles at that time. I have wondered if the missing cap killed the sensors or did the shop "poison" them for return emission control work.

("Just because you're paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you!")

They did the classic pull the filters out and show them to me to see if I will buy a new one. To get the filter out you have to pull and tug on the intake a little bit. I'm sure they accidentally pulled the plug loose at that time. The most frustrating thing was the lack of communication. Admittedly I should have told them to just change the oil and leave everything else alone when I pulled up. But once they broke some of the engine cover plastic pins they should have told me about it instead of just closing my hood and hoping I wouldn't notice. If they told me and apologized I probably wouldn't have care. Who hasn't destroyed some of those things?

thats kinda true, im not an ex con myself but my co-workers, lets just say on occasion some couldnt make it on time cuz they were still gettin out of jail. wuteva i just did it cuz i liked cars and the hours were flexible while i was goin to school.

I've used Jiffylube and a couple of other quick places, Even Walmart haha. I watch them like a hawk at the jiffylube and such, if they start messing or go near something I don't want them messing with, I just go and tell them to leave it alone. I don't even let them reset the oil reminder, Walmart broke the mount on my RESET switch, luckily superglue has been holding for almost 3 years. Walart also did a :q:q:q:qty job, they are the only place I wont use again, because they are :q:q:q:qTY and they suck...

Am I the only one, when I take my car in for service: tire, oil change, and smog check they all find a need to reset my trip counters even with the odometer mileage right in front of them.

yea who reallly really uses that trip meter all the time.....r u that anal?

I use the A trip for mileage between fill up and the B trip for over all mileage on a trip.

So if you use them, which I do, then yes I'm anal.

Does that anal thing hold true for all of the features on an LS or just the trip counters?

only the anal dork features
nerd.jpg

i went to JIffy Lube last week because its cold outside and i didnt want to do it myself, the tech slammed my hood and busted the top of my grill on my 93 Mark Viii, the manager and i both watched him do it, they are refusing to replace it now
and i was going to go let walmart do it a couple weeks back, but that tech didnt let the mid hood prop rod down before trying to shut the hood on another customers Honda, and bent the entire hood when he pulled it down, i then asked for my keys back

Members online

Back