I've wanted one since 1977

Rodewaryer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been a Lotus freak since I was a teen. First for the Europa specials, then the Esprit. I even have a pic of me at about age 20 sitting in one (the pace car that day) at a race track in Spokane Washington. I bought my first Lotus, an Esprit, a month ago, made the trip from Arizona to Florida (1st time for me doing a distance deal and 1st time visiting Florida too) to seal the deal. It showed up on an enclosed transporter last saturday night to much ceremony by my neighborhood residents when they all found out about the contents of the truck. My acquistion was accompanied by 3 Gumball 3000 participants (Ferrari F430, Porsche (911) and a Maserati) as well as a Cayenne, a Mini S, and an SL55 Benz.

s1swlmespritdelivery.jpg

s1swlmespritdelivery1.jpg

s1swlmespritdelivery11.jpg

s1swlmespritdelivery31.jpg

s1swlmespritdelivery21.jpg

Apologies for the low quality of the pics, they're all I have as my exposure to my 'new' pride and joy has been short. More pics in a couple days after I clean her up, and make her more presentable. It's not a cherry example either, but it's pretty solid, runs well and it's MINE!!!

This old guy can't help but feel boyish excitement about this car!

One of the cars from the Gumball....I have to be honest, what I paid for my Esprit would likely only cover a service visit on that Ferrari. :)

cnv1921.jpg

Cool Car And A Great Purchase. I Have Also Been A lotus Fan Since I Was A Kid. It Started With The Turbo Esprit In A James Bond Movie.

Same here man, except i'm a superbird lover. One day i hope to make a clone

Congrats on the purchase. I believe Quik LS has an Esprit. (newer shape)

Beautiful car, congratulations on your purchase!
Cars like that are such a pleasure to drive.

Fun cars! My first drive was in my uncle's Europa. It was odd looking out the window at the rocker panel of a VW Bug, talk about sitting low.
My sister and her husband turn out Lotus 7 body parts and make frames for racers.

That Europa is sweet! Lotus Gold Leaf colors, nice. I was always meant to be a Lotus' person being of similar stature. I have no problem being short. In fact I've met many a tall person that disagrees with the 'big guy' hype, many see being tall as a disadvantage more often than an advantage.

I am a bonafide car freak, and I can also fit into 'anything'. I like that......a lot! While sitting in the LS right beside the Esprit, the roof of the Esprit is at my shoulder. Fun to get into and out of, hell that keeps it interesting. Feels like a glove once inside. :)

Not very good pics but beats the hell out of those flash pics at night. This is after a weekend's worth of work (3 days).

s1swlmespritgaragehuwls.jpg

No, it didn't come with these lights, nor was it in this condition. When I raised the pods there was a dustpans worth of leaves and crap (and a phillips screwdriver) laying in the bottom of each. The lamps and buckets etc were covered in cobwebs and leaves, in horrible condition.
s1swlmespritgaragelpodq.jpg

They aren't perfect but the pods close pretty close to spot on now.
s1swlmespritgaragebonne.jpg

s1swlmesprithomelf.jpg

s1swlmesprithomerside1.jpg

Original owner was cheap, didn't get the sub options.....and I looked all over for interesting buttons and switches....dam.

Might have to consider the tint.....I don't even want to guess how much trouble that window behind the B pillar is going to be.....it's in the engine bay......

swlmespritdiving.jpg

espritdiving.jpg

:)

Many hours have been spent on the latest acquistion. The dead clear coat on the wheels has been removed (what a nasty job that was) and after a LOT of hand polishing, although still etched from corrosion they look a lot better. Got a new set of center caps too. Fixed the mirrors, I can actually see out of them now and they don't flop in the wind anymore! A fair amount of interior work has been done, correcting stuff installed wrong (column stalks were upside down and on the wrong sides!), replaced the horrible stock steering wheel with a Fittipaldi E3 I've had kicking around for years (please ignore the SAAB horn button, that'll go away soon). The Playboy shift knob that was held on with electrical tape has long since disappeared as well, replaced by a nice Momo. Tail lights were pretty rough inside and out, so those have gone and I finally figured out a way to install the front turn signal lenses. Another long story I'll not go into. It's never an easy job with this car, but it keeps me smiling every time I look at it.

It'll get there, a bit at a time.

cnv2009.jpg

s1swlmespritcds1rfmay20.jpg

Hard to see, but the only pic with the front lenses in place.

s1swlmespritjune09lf1.jpg

Fresh tail lights with amber turn signals are definitely an improvement.

s1swlmesprithomejune09r.jpg

Finally got it out of the neighborhood. Plates finally arrived, insurance man's been satisfied.....and it's officially ready to drive.

s1swlmespritjune09lrbla.jpg

Looks good!

I LOVE the 'no nonsense' spartan interior too! My kinda' car!

I like these cars too, as well as the Pantera's. If I had my druthers, the coin, a job I could depend on etc, I would love to get a mid 80's to mid 90's convertible Jaguar XJS. To me that is almost the sexiest car made. HAS to be a ragtop though, the hardtop Jags looked kind of off to me. That Lotus of yours will do in a pinch though...with no coercion whatsoever...I'd drive it and love it.

When I was a kid, and had hair...sigh, I drove a Lancia Zagato and occasionally the bosses Alpha. I worked in a Fiat garage in Colorado. I guess I am just a glutton for punishment. Alpha GT is a neat little car. If any of you have a sick little side thing going on with a Fiat and need parts btw, Aspen Import Auto in Colorado. Tom Dotter is the guys name. Hella nice guy and he will have what you need.

Members online

Back