IVD/Traction Control Issues 2002 Lincoln LS 8

vdubs147

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello I have a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 that the check advancetrac message and light were on and stayed on, we scanned the codes and got C1285, C1286 and C1287 we determined the IVD electric solenoid in the brake booster needed to be replaced so we replaced the whole unit. We flashed IVD stability control module, which then cleared the DTC's and reset turning the MIL's. It did an SWA lock to lock and a booster learn. This resolved all issues for 24 hours and now the light flashes constantly. short of reflashing ABS module and short of flashing ECM Has anybody had this issue? and what did you do to solve this problem?

-Mark

Hello I have a 2002 Lincoln LS V8 that the check advancetrac message and light were on and stayed on, we scanned the codes and got C1285, C1286 and C1287 we determined the IVD electric solenoid in the brake booster needed to be replaced so we replaced the whole unit. We flashed IVD stability control module, which then cleared the DTC's and reset turning the MIL's. It did an SWA lock to lock and a booster learn. This resolved all issues for 24 hours and now the light flashes constantly. short of reflashing ABS module and short of flashing ECM Has anybody had this issue? and what did you do to solve this problem?

-Mark

I can't help you on the solution, as I am having the same issue...my advancetrak has been flashing for months...just the car "slipping" light on the dash..advancetrak works fine and can be selected/deselected with the button. However I am getting a constant ABS code B1676 (battery pack out of range)...what the hell is a battery pack..I bought a new battery in the trunk just to make sure..and of course it must be talking about a different battery. Is a re-flash needed.? I had a rear caliper replaced and have had this flashing thing ever since...annoying. Bought the Actron 9190 scanner a few days ago and cleared the code..the CEL for the ABS has not come back on..but still the flashing car...ideas..?

(also...is there ANYONE close or in the upstate New York area..Albany..that would be willing to perform the dreaded timing chains and tensioner job on my 00'..?? My dealership here has quoted 14.5 hours..at $100 per hour. yikes.)

... However I am getting a constant ABS code B1676 (battery pack out of range)...

This is "Battery Voltage out of range" and can come from any of several electronic modules. Do you know for certain that this is coming from the ABS module, and only the ABS module? If so, you have a problem with the power and/or ground wires to the ABS module (or the module itself).
Here's the gen II troubleshooting for this (gen I is probably the same for this).

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x69003.htm~gen~ref.htm#PS2-C

Members online

No members online now.
Back