It's sad ... No longer a member of the Sweet 16

Well Scott ... I've had the transmission rebuilt 2 times now ... I gave it to my son to use as he needed a car until he got another.

Well the tranny stopped working the other day but I didn't have time to go look at it. Plus where he lives I didn't have a place to work on it and with it lowered I have troubles getting it up off the ground.

On Thursday at 9 PM I get a text saying that his landlord informed him that because it's leaking fluids over the parking lot, my son had to move it by Friday or it was being towed.

I talked to the landlord and there was no compromise and I didn't want to chance losing all of the car and having to pay for the tow.

The car is about 80 miles from me and I just don't have the extra cash to have it towed to Boscobel or I didn't have anyone in that area to have the car towed too.

I also didn't have access to a flatbed to have it hauled home. I felt screwed.

So I called a salvage yard in the area and they let me pull what I could on Saturday. I only had 3 hours to pull before they closed. So I got what I could.

I was hard to let it go as it had such an interesting history .. going to miss it.

Another issue it had was my son and daughter-in-law broke the driver's side door handle and the door wouldn't close anymore.

It was almost like having a pet that needed to be put down.

So that's it's story...

The car is about 80 miles from me and I just don't have the extra cash to have it towed to Boscobel

Sorry to hear about this. however in relation to this part of your statment. all im going to say this is why Triple A comes in handy with free towing up to 100 miles. Maybe wanna keep that in mind for the future.

I wonder if the transmission stopped working because all of the fluid leaked out.
I hate to say it but there is a reason I stopped driving Mark VIII's on a daily basis.
I am sorry the 94 went to the scrap yard, it did have a unique history as you said.

2 X Mark VIII = 16 ;)

Damn, I guess I'm in the 48 club then.

You will get another one, these sleds are our addiction.

Triple A comes in handy with free towing up to 100 miles. Maybe wanna keep that in mind for the future.

I really want to get this with all of my luck. I have a 10 mile/twice a year tow with verizion so I do have someting.

Tows must be high dollar up there. I could have had that towed down here for $50 on a flatbed. I would have removed the 94 trans and put in a 98-03 and kept the car. Maybe you could get it back from the JY? I mean, if you really liked it that much. Got any pics of it, inside and out?

Prices are high because of all the competition. There are so many companies with all the dumb asses who can’t seem to drive in winter. I recently paid $90 to tow my car 9 miles at their convenience.

Here in Toronto Canada it is about $150. just to hook it up and then anywhere from $3.00 to $5.00 a kilometer to tow it!!

I had a recovery and tow for around 120 in Iowa with my rolled truck......

Just a recovery was 80 to pull it out of the ditch.

2 different companies that required immediate payment.

My insurance did reimburse me in the end.

AAA is awesome.

Our trailer has saved our asses a few times. Not just me dad and Jeb, but many guys on here.

Sorry to hear about the old girl rich.

Tows must be high dollar up there. I could have had that towed down here for $50 on a flatbed. I would have removed the 94 trans and put in a 98-03 and kept the car. Maybe you could get it back from the JY? I mean, if you really liked it that much. Got any pics of it, inside and out?

A few weeks ago my daughter in law got a flat under 10 miles. I an officer and a friend of her's managed to strip one of the lug nuts. So I have to call a tow. The tow truck was passing her as he got the call ... Cost $100 for a tow of about 3 miles.

It won't take Rich long to want another.
Maybe he will smarten up and get a gen 2 :p

Hmmm ..... none in the plans right now ... but if my sugar mama gets a good job I could think about it ... but I might be going with a Mustang next time ... but you never know...

Hate to see threads like this. You are pushed up against a wall & you have no choice but I bet that car had plenty of life left in it.

Oh there was life left ... engine was great ... had I had the money I would have had KK put a Mustang tranny on it. But with the time I had to get things done I had to salvage what I could. Hated to see that girl go ... loved that car.

A few weeks ago my daughter in law got a flat under 10 miles. I an officer and a friend of her's managed to strip one of the lug nuts. So I have to call a tow. The tow truck was passing her as he got the call ... Cost $100 for a tow of about 3 miles.

Hmmm ..... none in the plans right now ... but if my sugar mama gets a good job I could think about it ... but I might be going with a Mustang next time ... but you never know...

Oh there was life left ... engine was great ... had I had the money I would have had KK put a Mustang tranny on it. But with the time I had to get things done I had to salvage what I could. Hated to see that girl go ... loved that car.

You know what this means though.... Wait a little while, save up some cash, get yourself another Mark VIII in good shape & call it "THE SUBSTITUTE!"

Members online

Back