its game time.....

vr4

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
imgp0655rh1.jpg

imgp0656ti5.jpg

yes i will be trying to use the B heads with a custom lower intake/heat exchanger.

vr4 said:
yes i will be trying to use the B heads with a custom lower intake/heat exchanger.
Are you planning on making your own intake and waht kind of cooler are you thinking? Air-to-Air or Air-to-Water?

not ebay. local purchase.

i was gonna try to make my own lower intake utilizing the stock 03 cobra heat exchanger and intercooler.

I went down that path last year. Your best bet would be using 03 cobra lower and change the shape/add divider to the ports. Then you'll have to worry about pulley drive system, and million other things.

It's was a lot cheaper and easier to go with the 04 heads in my case along with forged internals.

Good luck with the project.

From someone that had started with doing something like the project your about to do, you better have some killer machinest kung fu ALOT of money and a WHOLE ALOT of time. because its alot of work and effort compared to a vortech or a KB for our cars. there are a TON of 96-98 cobra guys that tried with limited sucess. all the ones I know just went with a KB kit and called it done. there is NO cheap way of doing this. Just to get it to mount is "fairly easy" the rest of the stuff is not.

Also remember that you'll need to modify your hood so you can fit the dinner plate size pulley under the hood. also you'll need to delete the ERG and plug that hole. Also you'll have to get a different IAC valve then you'll relocate to where you EGR is on the back of the blower. Also you have to make a throttle and cruise control cable because the lincoln AND the cobra are waaay to short. The cobra will "fit" but the first time you put it to the floor you will snap the cable. Also be aware that you will need to relocate your alterantor and you'll need to setup an 8 rib setup or mill out a 6 rib or something. also remember that the lower pulley is a different size so your boost level will change.

I can go on and on about the gotcha's with just slapping a eaton on a mark VIII motor but the internet doesnt have enough space.

see signature for my references of experience.

phreakness said:
From someone that had started with doing something like the project your about to do, you better have some killer machinest kung fu ALOT of money and a WHOLE ALOT of time. because its alot of work and effort compared to a vortech or a KB for our cars. there are a TON of 96-98 cobra guys that tried with limited sucess. all the ones I know just went with a KB kit and called it done. there is NO cheap way of doing this. Just to get it to mount is "fairly easy" the rest of the stuff is not.

Also remember that you'll need to modify your hood so you can fit the dinner plate size pulley under the hood. also you'll need to delete the ERG and plug that hole. Also you'll have to get a different IAC valve then you'll relocate to where you EGR is on the back of the blower. Also you have to make a throttle and cruise control cable because the lincoln AND the cobra are waaay to short. The cobra will "fit" but the first time you put it to the floor you will snap the cable. Also be aware that you will need to relocate your alterantor and you'll need to setup an 8 rib setup or mill out a 6 rib or something. also remember that the lower pulley is a different size so your boost level will change.

I can go on and on about the gotcha's with just slapping a eaton on a mark VIII motor but the internet doesnt have enough space.

see signature for my references of experience.

thanks for the heads up. i knew it wasnt gonna be a walk in the park.

being a tech for a ford dealer and having an 03 cobra will help quite a bit though.

vr4 said:
thanks for the heads up. i knew it wasnt gonna be a walk in the park.

being a tech for a ford dealer and having an 03 cobra will help quite a bit though.

AAAuugh!! Cheater!! :D

Rich, maybe you will be lucky and he will get your name in the secret santa deal. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back