It's been a good ride!

NateRW21

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, time to trade in my 03 LS8- with about 125k, problems are starting to arrise- intake leak, three windows needing new regulators, a slight suspension squeak, worn leather...

I'm trading it in an a brand new, black Avalanche LT-Z71, pretty near loaded. Also leaving me is my 98 F-150 4x4 that I put a LOT of sweat into. It had a full exhaust from headers back, front and rear axle work, rear e-locker, front limited slip, rancho lift, nice stereo... but, the michigan winters were getting more and more of a grasp on my truck every year. After pricing out two new doors, replacing a cab corner, new front bumper, fresh paint and new 35" tires... and saw a number north of $7k... more than it's worth in perfect condition... It became apparent it too was time to depart the stable.

Up-side... I financed a $52k vehicle for $35k.

I kept the wheels and tires and the McLaren grill... they are after-all, the easiest parts to remove and I have a very limited time to get it stripped (tonight). If you'd like to see pictures of either, shoot me an email at DesertPunisher425@yahoo.com.

hey have fun in your new truck benedict arnold, 2 fords for one chevy, talk about jumping the fence!

lmao j/k man, congrats on the new ride. You leave her with good thoughts and respect.

When I think about my LS and all the problems that come with it, I think of JFK talking about going to the moon, not because it's easy.. but because it's hard ;)

hey have fun in your new truck benedict arnold, 2 fords for one chevy, talk about jumping the fence!

lmao j/k man, congrats on the new ride. You leave her with good thoughts and respect.

When I think about my LS and all the problems that come with it, I think of JFK talking about going to the moon, not because it's easy.. but because it's hard ;)

Benedict arnold was actually a brilliant tactician and outstanding leader. Unfortunately he was slighted about 200 times too many- I won't say what he did was right, but you almost can't blame the guy.

But anyhow- yeah, my truck was just at that point, and with 125k on the LS, I'm just tired of fixing it. My maintenance log is two pages long, 10pt print, and I've only owned it since late 06!

And I do agree- the LS is a car of passion. I still love it and if it were still in production, I'd look at a recent used copy.

As far as switching sides, my father retired from GM so I got the GMS plan, plus end of year savings, plus minimum trade, plus two discounts for being a part of different organizations. Even if Ford offered something comparable to the Avalanche- the price difference would be too great to ignore.

I will say, this is my FIRST EVER GM car. Had a BMW, Porsche, Lincoln, Ford... never Chrysler or GM. Hope they don't let me down, because I absolutely love the folding mid-gate and style of the avalanche!

When I think about my LS and all the problems that come with it, I think of JFK talking about going to the moon, not because it's easy.. but because it's hard /QUOTE]

That's what I thought today after I cleaned her up a little bit.

I know where you're coming from with the Michigan winters. My '02 f150 had rotted out rocker panels and the inside part of the doors were starting to also. You would have never known though. I took the running boards off and you could push through the rocker panel with your hands from the front till about half way back. Sad to let go but you'll probably enjoy the new avalanche.

When I think about my LS and all the problems that come with it, I think of JFK talking about going to the moon, not because it's easy.. but because it's hard /QUOTE]

That's what I thought today after I cleaned her up a little bit.

I know where you're coming from with the Michigan winters. My '02 f150 had rotted out rocker panels and the inside part of the doors were starting to also. You would have never known though. I took the running boards off and you could push through the rocker panel with your hands from the front till about half way back. Sad to let go but you'll probably enjoy the new avalanche.

Yeah, it's amazing how much one winter did- last fall it had just started to show the rust in the cab corner. By spring there was a hole the size of a silver dollar and growing! I loved that truck, but to be honest, the Avalanche is everything I've ever wanted in a truck except for the blue oval!

Members online

No members online now.
Back