Its about time!!!!!!!!!!!

nice... and I'll tell ya what, the new tbirds should have come with that body kit stock.

it looks 1000X better than stock IMHO

we're trying to put enough people together (with deposit in hand) to get good pricing on a group buy. It's suggesting to retail for $5k.

What kind of wheels are those on that LS and how much would the s/c be if it wasnt from SVC?

KD00LS said:
What kind of wheels are those on that LS and how much would the s/c be if it wasnt from SVC?
The wheels on the SVC LS are the HRE wheels. Run you about $2K a wheel.

The S/C I think will be around $2500-$3500. Lou can probably talk more about this.

2k a wheel, insane. I'm only 17
but to get it installed + cost of S/C what do you think that'll run?
And considering the insurance is insanely low for such a fast car ( keep in mind I live in Nj) what do u think the boost will be on insurance?

I don't have a clue what the insurance rate would be for a supercharger added. Here in Tennessee it would not change since we don't have vehicle inspections.

The install of the supercharger would depend on who did it. Probably around $1G to $2G's would be my guess but that's a wild guess at that.

Also, on SVC's site they sell the LSE body kit for $4,200 plus shipping. HOLY COW! I sell the exact same kit on my website for less than $900 WITH shipping. I'm telling you...SVC will rape you.

what kind of supercharger is it, if you know, because i know some eaton superchargers increase gas mileage
hopefully for christmas, ill be getting magnaflow and ill pay to install it myself, what tips do you recommend?

They are using a GM3800 series 2 Eaton Supercharger - running low boost since the enginge is already at 10.5:1 compression.

The cost is totally dependant on the number of people to sign up - $3k is a good base point for the bare bones kit.

At least they are easy to find parts for and cheap to rebuild, but I sure would rather it be a twin screw/whipple. I guess at 6 psi and under, it wouldn't matter too much. $2500 to $3500 would be good with an intercooler. My Kenne Bell doesn't even have an intercooler and it goes for close to $3000! My concern would be the tuning. I do the tuning on my Mustang via an EEC-Tuner, so I have full control of timing and fuel tables. It is hard enough to do at 9:1 compression. I could only imagine 10.5:1! Hopefully SCT will come through with a solid program for the LS. Damn. I was telling my wife that this was one car I couldn't really mod like all the other cars I owned. :) Oh well... If I sell the Mustang, I just might have to go with the kit, if it really comes out.

Quik LS said:
They are using a GM3800 series 2 Eaton Supercharger - running low boost since the enginge is already at 10.5:1 compression.

The cost is totally dependant on the number of people to sign up - $3k is a good base point for the bare bones kit.

SVC has had that blower for 3 years. Too bad it still doesn't work!!

Mike - believe it or not - SVC is working with Boosthead (thomas knight) on this project.

Quik LS said:
Mike - believe it or not - SVC is working with Boosthead (thomas knight) on this project.

That explains some of his emails to Brian. Even though I won't benefit, I'm still very leary!! I'm actually thinking when It's time for major engine work, I may try the Jag upper end.

it might not be 50, but I personally think that it would be a better alternative to spending 1000+ on jag heads, or 3500+ on a supercharger

strapping a blower to a 10+:1 compression motor is not the greatest idea. Sure it'll work great with low boost, but you're really putting limitations on the tune (fuel/timing maps would have to be "extra safe") and the amount of total psi you can run, safely. Plus you have to overcome the power required to turn the supercharger...

those eatons are ok for stock applications (look at the 03 cobra) but when you really want to get serious, they fall well short of being efficient

Quik, I'm all with ya for the supercharger, how many people have you got signed up so far?! I just noticed that SVC is about 10 mins away from where I live, so I'll do what I can to help lower the price and get more people on board. :Beer :steering

Members online

Back