Is this the rarest oem mark viii wheel?

twinbopilot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Rare%20Mark%20VIII%20wheel%20rim.jpg
3n73p33od5Z15T25W1a4ted0bc5a9ed0c1c47.jpg

I've never seen those wheels before.

They're on a '97 Gen II, I assume they came with the car.

Anybody know anything about them?

Last edited:
No idea what that wheel is for - it's not an OEM Mark VIII wheel.

Never seen that before. Might be an old BBS with a Lincoln cap.

ive seen that wheel before i just cant remember where... OH i changed tires and balanced a set of those rims at school then mounted them on a town car. it was a 92 im pretty sure, i ment to take a picture because they did not look right on a town car at all. idk where they are from

Doesn't look like an OEM lincoln wheel that I can find. Does the center cap have a tag with a ford part number?

I'm going to look at the car tomorrow so I'll pop a center cap and look for a part #...will report back.

it looks like a factory ford wheel of some type, not a mark VIII though, but that is the same cap used on the octastars.

The Lincoln emblem on the center cap is gold plated. I don't think the factory ever did that. Could this have been part of a dealer-installed "appearance package"? The wheel really does have an OEM-ish look to it though.

One reason I like this design is it would show off a nice set of rotors and painted calipers. My Octastars would hide them.

The only octastar caps which had the lincoln emblem gold plated were the 1998 spring feature's, that were lsc's.

I have seen them at some point in my life but I can not think of what on and it is bothering me

I dig em. I guess when you get there and the offset/backspacing is all goofy you'll know they didnt come on the car...

and mannn those brake rotors are rusty!

Atleast they have Kuhmo Ecsta's on them...

They are not really "Octca" star because they have 12 points, not 8!

I bet cleaning these properly takes some real time and effort.

They are somewhat remenisant of a snowflake, but really quite different

A group of twelve things is called a Duodecad. The ordinal adjective is duodenary, twelfth. The adjective referring to a group consisting of twelve things is duodecuple. Duodestar?

12 = The atomic number of magnesium in the periodic table. Magstars?

The Dirty Dozen
200px-Dirty_moviep.jpg

Starring (among others) Charles Bronson:
1603564779_72995b43cf.jpg

Which could only lead to:
220px-CharlesBronsonStarHWF.jpg

THE BRONSONSTAR!

i dont know if its just me but the offset looks kinda high, those wheels are pretty tucked in the wheel wells

i mean yeah, the car is slammed but the wheels just seem too far in. there couldnt have been very many cars to have our bolt pattern. they couldnt be re-drilled town car wheels could they? on a somewhat realted note i heard that the windstar vans also have our bolt pattern? the 5 spoke wheels doesnt look half bad, even though it is a van wheel.

From the pictures seem like the hub cap for these rims is smaller than octastars, no? Nevermind found them. They are off a Grand Marquis. But painted chrome? Still slightly different.

6e_1_1743_1_thumb.JPG

ALY03033U.jpg

^Those are very similar wheels, but if you look very closely you will notice differences.

I looked at the car yesterday. Basically the story on the car is that it was purchased new at Bankston Lincoln in Dallas in 1997, then sent to Javier, a local "customizer" who made several appearance mods to the car, including the wheels.

Javier was apparently very proud of his creation, so he put his "Customized by Javier" sticker in the glovebox with his phone # (probably long since disconnected).

So to the wheels - The center caps have a circular-key lock built into them, but I was able to remove them with a flathead. Security Fail.

Once off the wheel, I turned over the cap and looked for a P/N.

The only writing on the rear of the cap was "MADE IN TAIWAN". :eek:

It was also obvious that this cap had been drilled to accept the gold-plated Mark VIII emblem. There was a good amount of glue showing on the cap rear from the emblem install.

Next I examined the wheel itself for some tell-tale markings. Writing could be seen all over the hub area, but nothing anywhere said FORD or LINCOLN.

So these must be a set of aftermarket wheels that were customized with the Gold Plated Lincoln emblems.

The previous posters who mentioned the offset were 100% correct. The rear wheels looked like they were 3" inside the fender well! I'm amazed the dealer or someone else never mentioned it to the owners. Or if they did, the owners must have liked it that way.

Pearl white original factory paint with gold pinstripe - 8 of 10, never wrecked, 151K,

ASC moonroof (not working), air ride bags completely shot, a/c inop,

Gray interior - 6 of 10 (significant wear but no tears),

Just bring your own engine cause this one is junk - Water in the oil.

A sad case of a once proud car completely driven into the ground without any regard to proper care and maintenance. :(

This car can be yours for the one time low price of $900 OBO, with a trunk full of odd spare parts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back