Is this an aftermarket sunroof or OEM ?

Scallywag

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying another Mark VIII, which would make it my 6th in my lifetime but my 3rd that I currently own, and the dealership where I bought my BA Mark has a Black on Black base model that has a sunroof which makes me scratch my head cause of where the overhead light is positioned.

31660594790.347582997.IM1.12.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Now I know that sunroofs aren't, or weren't, privy to LSC models only and am wondering if this is where the overhead light is placed in a Base with a sunroof or if it's just poor placement from an aftermarket installment since my other Marks that had sunroofs had the light between the sun visors. This one requires an exaggerated stretch of the arm almost into the rear compartment.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...us=0&listingId=347582997&listingIndex=1&Log=0

Faded paint & Check Air Ride System as well :mad:

That's what I figured. My K4 Mark and other Marks I've had that offered a sunroof always had the overhead light between the sun visors and I've always been sketchy about aftermarket roofs.

Spanks!!

The visors tell you that car didn't have OEM sun/moon roof From a MK with moon roof the visors don't have the tail on them

So long as it seals properly and doesn't leak no biggie..mine is aftermarket and has worked fine and sealed for 2 plus years. I posted this car in the craigslist finds the other day..I live like 2 miles away from this nissan dealer..I could check it out tomorrow if ya want?

I'll more than likely take a look at it myself as well since I'm working up in Northbrook by Willow Rd & Milwaukee Ave. The dealership is not exactly on my way home but it isn't too far off route that swinging by would be a breeze.

The faded paint and Check Air Ride System leave me a bit reluctant, but then again, whichever Mark I get I'm going to try the suspension swap to see/feel for myself which way I like better so it might not be something to worry about if I go with this one.

ASC makes many factory sunroofs and convertible tops (even hardtop convertibles like the 3000GT Spyder) -- it's not a bad thing as long as it was installed properly.

Hah no kidding..that's essentially where I work also..one of the departments I work for has a station at wolf and willow rd. (Palatine Rd.) on palwaukee airport pretty much. I've been meaning to look at the car..usually whenever a mark pops up for sale at a dealer around here ill go be nosy and go look it over.

Members online

Back