Is this a rare Mark VII

vikingdiesel

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My father bought a brand new 91 LSC(back in 1991 obviously) which he still owns and its gold with this brown leather roof. Ill get some pics in a few days, just wondering if anyone has a clue what im talking about. I never saw it on any other MARK VII.

All you have provided is color information. It does not sound special from what you have described. The Mark VII in general is relatively rare.

Leather carriage top.

My father bought a brand new 91 LSC(back in 1991 obviously) which he still owns and its gold with this brown leather roof. Ill get some pics in a few days, just wondering if anyone has a clue what im talking about. I never saw it on any other MARK VII.

Unique to rare is more like it.

The brown carage top was a dealer installed option. The materials that I've seen installed were all poplin or canvas. I'd sincerely like to see the car or at a minimum, pictures thereof.

Where are you located?

oldschool1015.sized.jpg

oldschool1017.sized.jpg

oldschool1018.sized.jpg

(quick hello, hi all, new here!)

And whew, I'm glad that I am not alone considering I hadn't seen any other soft top Mark VII's around town. My Lincoln is a 1989 Bill Blass edition with a black canvas top and glossy silver body. All my friends keep confusing it for being a Cadillac!

But the person who owned it before me did a whack-job strut/suspension conversion, making the car appear as if "taking off"; if not sitting down like a giant silver puppy.

I'll post pictures of it soon enough. Bare with me.

Rare Top Question.

(quick hello, hi all, new here!)

And whew, I'm glad that I am not alone considering I hadn't seen any other soft top Mark VII's around town.
<OS resists snappy comeback>

Hi,
1989?
Bill Blass?
Carriage top?

Is it brown or tan or any other color than black?

Nevermind.

E-mail the pictures to me at oldschool1@thelincolnmarkviiclub.org and I'll post them for you.

The masses and I will answer your question shortly thereafter.

<OS hides checkbook>

It has a black canvas top...well on my car its black.

No actually, I am glad I am not alone- gotten tired of people at work calling my car a darn rag-top cadillac...or in one case a person thought it was a pimped up thunderbird :(

When I tried to buy another Mark VII (a regular lsc) the seller didn't know the Mark VII's came in soft tops. He swore up and down it was 'pimped' out by the local car shops and never a dealer option :mad:

Nay Sayers

It has a black canvas top...well on my car its black.

No actually, I am glad I am not alone- gotten tired of people at work calling my car a darn rag-top cadillac...or in one case a person thought it was a pimped up thunderbird :(

When I tried to buy another Mark VII (a regular lsc) the seller didn't know the Mark VII's came in soft tops. He swore up and down it was 'pimped' out by the local car shops and never a dealer option :mad:

I don't like to link from one forum's thread to another forum's thread, but this situation warrants it.

Direct the nay sayers to this thread, (http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3415) discussing carriage tops and Lincoln Mark VIIs.

Members online

Back