Is my 2006 TC becoming too expensive to be a daily driver?

astralis

LVC Member
Reaction score
Mine is in good condition but the Blue Book is decreasing day by day. I might be wrong but I think it's worth around $6,500.

Therefore, it wouldn't take much damage to total this but I don't want to stop driving this.

Any experience with repairing these after a car wreck? I hope I don't have one but just need to think about it as it gets older.

if maintained properly they last a long time and don't expect values for a luxury car go up over time even if you try to minimize the mileage (all lux makes suffer the same problem). lots of parts in the junk yard for body panels that can be bolt on.

astralis

I agree to both yours and lincolnelite , I don't use mine as a daily driver cause I don't want it all dinged up in parking lots. I only use it for long trips and a few times a month run to somewhere. But you also have to remember it has the same running gear as the Crown Victoria's so they will last almost forever (300,000 miles) only if you stretch that out to long all the rubber will go bad.
My 2005 only has 72,000 miles on it, got it 2 years ago when it had 43,000 miles on it. It is like a new car. But things start to go bad like the front end parts all the rubber was bad, and last month the seatbelt had to be replaced as the pretensener module went bad $350 part.
If you have an extra car for daily driver I would use that and save the TC for long trips and special occasions.
But then again you can still pick up a 2010 or 2011 with low mileage for around $12K.

Members online

No members online now.
Back