is kbb/nada lowballing prices right now? also need a carfax plz!

O

omgsnakelol

about a year ago, i was looking at a 2000 lincoln LS v8, black on black power everything, leather yadda yadda. it had about 80k miles on it as i remember, and a dealership was asking around 20k for it.

as sexy as the car was, i coudlnt afford it at that time and had to let it go. today i stumbled across a similar ls (2000, v8, black, power-all, 90k miles) from a private party who was asking 14,500 for it.

i ran a kelly blue book, while i know its never been entirely accurate, i never would have thought it would show up as worth only $11,000? same search but from a retailer it showed at 15,000$.

now, ive had a hardon for the LS for about 2 years now and im thinking seriously about buying one very soon. its been a while since i have been seriously looking and was wanting to find out who'se :q:q:q:qed up here. kbb? the private party? the dealership from a year ago?

ILNHM87A4YY804055

I was really on top of this in June, when I bought my LS. At the time, I felt confident that the appropriate price for a 2000 LS V8 with about 40k miles on it was $14-15k. I got mine for $14k and felt good about it.

I think $14,500 for a 90k mile car seems stiff. $11k may be a little optimistic, though, but it's worth a shot if you're interested. Worst they can do is say "No."

omgsnakelol said:
about a year ago, i was looking at a 2000 lincoln LS v8, black on black power everything, leather yadda yadda. it had about 80k miles on it as i remember, and a dealership was asking around 20k for it.

as sexy as the car was, i coudlnt afford it at that time and had to let it go. today i stumbled across a similar ls (2000, v8, black, power-all, 90k miles) from a private party who was asking 14,500 for it.

i ran a kelly blue book, while i know its never been entirely accurate, i never would have thought it would show up as worth only $11,000? same search but from a retailer it showed at 15,000$.

now, ive had a hardon for the LS for about 2 years now and im thinking seriously about buying one very soon. its been a while since i have been seriously looking and was wanting to find out who'se :q:q:q:qed up here. kbb? the private party? the dealership from a year ago?

ILNHM87A4YY804055

Try ebay. There are many low mileage LSes there. The used car market has pretty much been in the tank since the manufacturers started their 0% financing. Free money for a new car or 6+% for a used?? What would you do??

Carfax has a 30 day unlimited use plan for (IIRC) ~$30. Pretty good investment if you're going to buy a car in the next 30 days.

Members online

Back