Is it struts or the sway bars?

5thCat

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Picked up a nice 94 Seville STS in Dark Calypso Green the weekend before last. The owner was up front about it needing struts beforehand and with 146K on the clock I didn’t think too much about it. I bounced the front end up and down but it seemed to respond fine. After a little research here on the forum and elsewhere, I put it up on a lift and banged on the suspension parts with a rubber mallet—turns out it was sway bar links (the passenger side was shot). There was a very obvious metal rapping sound when I hit the sway bar on the passenger side versus the driver’s side. I went back and forth from side to side and banged on different areas, but only the sway bar links ended up being bad. The ends on the passenger side were shot. The rubber was busted open and all the grease was gone. Only one end on the driver’s side was bad, but of course I replaced both sides. Also, the new sway bar links had grease fittings on each end! I was thrilled that it was only $74 worth of sway bar links instead of $1800 in struts (or $299 for passive units):).

that's great!! you really lucked out, now that you fixed it up how does it drive?

It drives and performs very well. I'm impressed with the ride quality and handling considering its age and mileage. I'm grateful it was an easy, inexpensive fix.

Members online

No members online now.
Back