Is anything on the car easy to do!?

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my birthday was this past weekend and I got a new headunit. So I go over to Circuit City since all I have to do is drop off the car and get them to install it since it was all paid for. Well I get there to schedule my appointment and tell the guy what kinda car it is and is like, "Oh. There might be a problem" so I was like wtf? He was saying that they have to bypass the factory amp and that it would cost an extra $90. Now I just have one question for Ford/Lincoln......why do you hate the Mark VIII so much? Do you guys really not want us to have any easy fun with this car? Oh a rubber weather strip for the rear window is bubbling.....well you need to buy a whole new window so there's a grand right there. Our headlights suck......well get the HID's only another grand. And the list goes on and on. But is there one easy thing with these cars at all!? Sorry just venting but in the end :L

I had to bypass my factory amp on my Continental to hear my kenwood player
and the bypass cable cost less than $15.00, you can get it at any stereo shop.

there's lots of easy things to do, actually. so far i've replaced the cam sensor, replaced the air compressor and the compressor relay, sensor lowered the car, removed the air silencer and reservoir, drilled the air box, installed xm radio.....all on my own, and IN THE STREET since I don't have a driveway.

Dude, it's like the maddest love you will ever make,.... huhhhh have I mean have!

You know the chick you fight with the most yet end up grabbing in the heat of it all and dropping to the floor - das ownin a MarkVIII.

Happy Birthday Baby ;)

MsM8tress

I hope you are having new speaker put in?? right .... C City is hosing you I tool out my hole system out of my old TownCar and had Frys put it in my Mark for less than $120 .

Happy b-day

PS make sure the covers on the door lights are broke if they remove the door panels .... Frys had to buy me a new one .

I installed mine myself and ran it through the factory amp with an inline noise supressor for the humming, works fine.

they wanted 100 dollars to change my break bulb in the neon part of the back of my 95 continetal sed it was for the labor taking apart the trunk and all i did it on my own in 20 minuts :)
and i do my breaks they arnt hard for the front the bakes are harder
and yeahr compresor is easy to change the light buls in the healight i had trouble with couldnt get the headlamps out for some reason

compared to the hundreds of other cars I have worked on(some of which even came with instructions), I find the Mark VIII as a whole, VERY easy to work on.

The hardest part about working on the Mark VIII, is knowing where stuff is.

No one taught me how to work on them...I just opened the hood/lifted the car/crawled in the trunk, and worked.

I am an electrical-moron...I dont know squat about wiring/electrical/audio equipment. I was still able to run a power wire for my amp, and RCA's for my subs, and installed an aftermarket head unit.

I wish every car I used to own was as easy to work on as a Mark VIII.

Well thanks to everyone for wishing me a happy birthday :Beer but yeah I just needed to vent. But I asked them if I can just use my gift card I got also for my b-day to pay for it and they said yeah so its not going to cost me anything in the end. But on a positive note its looking like I will have my new tranny in about another week or two! :wrench

There full of sh*t, put it in your self.
Just get a wire harness and wire the deck in your self, its easy yellow with yellow, red with red and so on, and if you go to the extreme that I did. I took the body panels off and put dynomatt around the speakers and ran the speaker right to the head unit. cost me like ten bucks and three hours.

They tried pulling that crap on me to. The installers at most of those C/C's and best buy don’t know sh*t they only know what there told.

I didn't have any problems with my Kenwood unit... But it's older...

Only problems that I have found that were difficult was the torque converter and that was having to send it back to Autozone as they sent the wrong one.

Only job I had to farm out was the 1-2 and 1-2 upgrade, but only for a lack of space as my 96 parts car was taking up garage space at the time. I am currently working out electrical gramlins on my beater 96 Sunfire in there and have the entire front end off.

Changing plugs on a 2nd Gen takes less than 15 minutes start to finish.
icon14.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back