Interior Trim Panels

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Noticed today, my wood trim is cracked around the gearshift. So, since I have to replace that, I figured why not get a kit and do the whole car. How hard is it to remove the old wood trim in a 94 and replace it with new from a wood kit?

Joeychgo said:
Noticed today, my wood trim is cracked around the gearshift. So, since I have to replace that, I figured why not get a kit and do the whole car. How hard is it to remove the old wood trim in a 94 and replace it with new from a wood kit?

If the wood trim is factory in your car then you can not remove it. You just have to apply new stuff on top of it. If it is not factory, they you can remove it by prying it up and then cleaning off the left over glue with a product called Goo Gone. I have used it and it works GREAT. It will even get off 3M trim adhesive (takes a few applications, but it will remove it....and not screw up the paint). Hope that helps.

my stuff is factory -- I cant imagine it being plausible to glue over what is there now in my 94 -- looking at the bezel that covers the EATC head, its sculpted in such a way that anything glued to it would look terrible......

WHat if I change those parts out with parts from a 93 -- which had no wood -- then glued the new stuff? Maybe that would work....

Joeychgo said:
WHat if I change those parts out with parts from a 93 -- which had no wood -- then glued the new stuff? Maybe that would work....

That sounds like it would work. Quite a few '93s in parts now on eBay or at salvage yards. Usually the rubberized coating is scuffed and most pieces go cheap. I've been thinking of picking up some and painting them, keeping the originals in case I didn't like the experiment. I've also kicked around the idea of carbon fiber treatment on the trim as well.

For example, I won an auction for a single lot of Mark VII trim parts for like $20. You never know when they may be needed. ;)

I've seen the wood trim pieces and the carbon fiber stuff. Both look nice. I also like what some guys do which is to paint them. Me, on my '98 I have the wood trim around the shifter, entertainment center and door panels. Seems like it could use some more pieces or at least some color change. Especially with a grey interior that has all the gray trim pieces. I love the black interior on the Mark. Someday I will pick one up that has black guts, man that interior looks hot and probably is too. LOL.

MonsterMark said:
...Someday I will pick one up that has black guts, man that interior looks hot and probably is too. LOL.

Yeah, black on black, like my '91 LSC, can get rather hot. Tint helps tough.

ABsolutely they do ---- my PERSONAL preference is rich wood. After all, this is suppose to be a luxury car ya know ---- the carbon fiber ill leave for my stang - assuming I ever replace the lawn mower engine it has.

Joeychgo said:
ABsolutely they do ---- my PERSONAL preference is rich wood. After all, this is suppose to be a luxury car ya know ---- the carbon fiber ill leave for my stang - assuming I ever replace the lawn mower engine it has.

I think this looks pretty luxurious...

Mvc-038s.jpg

Not bad Driller. You got some more interior shots. I'm thinking of pulling off all the pieces I can that are gray and painting them the same color as the dash. Kind of that not quite black color. Especially the pieces around the door handles. Those REALLY bother me.

MonsterMark said:
Not bad Driller. You got some more interior shots. ...

I wish it were mine!! I'd gladly show some more shots! That's what I'd like mine to look like though. :eek:

got wood?

i have the 98 lsc,blk n blk,my wood isnt that great if i look reeely reely close, but id like to get a better wood grain though.maybe a nice rosewood..or exotic wood of sometype. in my opinion..carbon fiber is good for other cars (riceburnerz)hehehe..no offence to has the carbon fiber... :L
but ur sayin the factory wood can not come off?...y's that?

I have been looking more into Gen 2's lately and my only complaint is the wood interior on it... It looks horrible in my opinion; just really fake looking. I would have to come up with some other way of doing it if I considered getting a Gen 2. Oh yeah, Carbon Fiber looks awesome if done right. Theres nothing rice about it at all since it was first introduced in Porsche's and Ferrari's and such!

umm...

about the carbon fiber ..i think i'm about to start likeing the carbon fiber!..hubby just picked up the Ford F-350 Superduty power stroke...doooly deisel!
it has the gray colored carbon fiber...looks quite nice, i guess certain cars or other vehicals look good with it, it all about the dash's shape that makes all the diff...lol if that makes any sence.

lol but for me,my lsc... i stilll like the wood :L :steering

I like the wood myself..... adds some elegence. I just dont want to put something that looks stick on........ this isnt a place for shelf paper.

My '91 LSC has a carbon fiber look to the interior trim - factory, not aftermarket. I think it is superior to the wood IMHO.

I painted over my fake wood with a base coat, clear coat.Its all blacked out now.
So now its black on black on black!

Joey--

1993-94 dash trim won't work on your car unless you replace the entire lower half of the dash. Its a different part, different shapes, etc...I say deal with it.

EDIT...we are talking about going from a 1994 to 1993...my bad.

Joeychgo said:
I like the wood myself..... adds some elegence. I just dont want to put something that looks stick on........ this isnt a place for shelf paper.

Joey said he likes wood!!! Sorry man, couldn't resist. :ban I guess its better than liking fake wood! :N

driller said:
I think this looks pretty luxurious...

Mvc-038s.jpg

Does anyone have any idea where to get a kit like that? That's exactly what I would like to do to mine or have the brushed aluminum look instead. One of the two.

Members online

Back