Interior question

2000sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I came across a full gen 1 black interior on eBay today...

And they are definitely 1st gen seats... But the seat has perforated leather and a Lincoln emblem embossed into the backrest.

I've seen this only once before...

Any idea which cars these came on?

A10160%2002%20LINCOLN%20LS%20BLACK%20LEATHER%20SEATS%20008.jpg

Last edited:
So I came across a full gen 1 black interior on eBay today...

And they are definitely 1st gen seats... But the seat has perforated leather and a Lincoln emblem embossed into the backrest.

I've seen this only once before...

Any idea which cars these came on?

A10160%2002%20LINCOLN%20LS%20BLACK%20LEATHER%20SEATS%20008.jpg

It's not perforation, it's a basket weave pattern embossed in the leather. It came from 2002 LS; the only year it was offered.

It's not perforation, it's a basket weave pattern embossed in the leather. It came from 2002 LS; the only year it was offered.

Interesting... I really do like the embossed logo though. May have to convert my grey leathers over to black now

Those are sweet in very good shape as well, I have tan Booo :(

My Girlfriends black 02' LS V6 Has those same seats. If I do believe right it isnt "Real" Leather. It compares nothing to mine. yeah it looks cool but her seats are harder than mine and the leather isnt.. idk soft? its like hard like pleather. Jus Sayin. I might be wrong on real or not real leather on these seats but Personally I love the Lincoln Logo and whatnot. But hate how hard they are and the "Stamped" feeling of the Embossment

Interesting... I really do like the embossed logo though. May have to convert my grey leathers over to black now

What is the condition of your front grey seats? Would you want to sell them?

Pass side is perfect (no wear/cracking) except for a small tear up by the left shoulder area. Drivers side has normal wear for their age. I'd sell them for the right price but it would have to cover new (used) black seat leathers front and rear. I spent 2 years looking for used grey seats to fix my broken seat frame because I didnt want to swap the covers. Finally ended up buying a tan seat and swapping my leather on to frame. Regardless, it was a pain in the ass. But I know it's hard to find the grey seats. Make an offer and I may just buy these black ones.

I think all of the seat options were leather. I had a co-worker a while back that had those seats in his v6 LS.

mine is in no way real leather, I have a cigertte burn in the back seat it looks like vinyl it just melted right through the seat, plus i have never in my life seen leather that felt like our seats.

mine is in no way real leather, I have a cigertte burn in the back seat it looks like vinyl it just melted right through the seat, plus i have never in my life seen leather that felt like our seats.

There are many kinds of leather (just as there are varieties of cows), and many different ways that it can be treated. Real leather can be soft or hard, and so on. It's real as far as I know.

On the first gen the seating surfaces are leather. In the 2nd gen the whole seat cover is leather. There are varying qualities of leather.

Were this not true Ford would be hugely libel for advertising leather and actually using vinyl. Can you imaging the lawsuit, let alone public image! In Canada cloth seats were available.

Pass side is perfect (no wear/cracking) except for a small tear up by the left shoulder area. Drivers side has normal wear for their age. I'd sell them for the right price but it would have to cover new (used) black seat leathers front and rear. I spent 2 years looking for used grey seats to fix my broken seat frame because I didnt want to swap the covers. Finally ended up buying a tan seat and swapping my leather on to frame. Regardless, it was a pain in the ass. But I know it's hard to find the grey seats. Make an offer and I may just buy these black ones.

Nevermind, sounds like you want the grey seats. I will just get them custom done with suede inserts.

On the first gen the seating surfaces are leather. In the 2nd gen the whole seat cover is leather. There are varying qualities of leather.

Were this not true Ford would be hugely libel for advertising leather and actually using vinyl. Can you imaging the lawsuit, let alone public image! In Canada cloth seats were available.

I don't think leather melts though....

Nevermind, sounds like you want the grey seats. I will just get them custom done with suede inserts.

Honestly? it's not that I want the grey seats, just that I dont have the money to spend on new front and rear black leather to replace them.

The seats are "leather trim", side, and back are vinyl so stated by Ford.

Honestly? it's not that I want the grey seats, just that I dont have the money to spend on new front and rear black leather to replace them.

I hear ya, but it would be stupid for me to give you enough money to buy front and rear covers when only I really need is a new drivers' cover.

Exactly... If I come across anything local I'll let ya know. There's a yard about an hour from me that's always getting ls's in.

I've never seen an LS with cloth! is there a picture of this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back