inTech engine problem

Mulder

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what may be the reason of the strange behavior of my InTech Lincoln Continental 2001 engine?

When the car turns to slower engine speed, (once, or twice a day) the engine suddenly shuts down. I had it checked, the diagnostics say that the fuel parameters are different in every bank - "computer decides to shut it down ten" - I was informed. But what can be the cause of this?

I replaced the crankshaft position sensor, still the same problem occurs.

When the car goes on regular, higher speed (ex. 40 mph) everything is ok, but (sometimes) when I push the brakes, make turn or such, and the engine speed decrease, the car can surprise me with abrupt stop.

The garage mechanic I was talking to, said the fuel parameters on slower engine speed are totally irregular.

Have anyone come across such situation?

Can it be the throttle, air filter, or idle air control valve issue?

my 2002 mercury mountainer which uses the same 4.6l v8 engine (close) has the same issue when the idle air control wasn't working properly, try cleaning your idle air controller or replace with new one (only motorcraft works)

I would also look at the idle control valve. See if there are any stored CEL codes, even if the light is not on right now they could be present.

Members online

No members online now.
Back