Insurance

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
How can this be - yesterday I looked closely at what we are paying for auto insurance. Amazingly we are being charged MORE for our 2014 mkZ than for a brand new Maverick. Called them (USAA) and woman said well old cars dont have all the safety features of new ones. Um maybe you should think again cause this 8 year old Z has all the features of the new Maverick - BLIS, Lane change push thing, collision warning, 8 air bags, active cruise control, and at least one the Mav does not have - inflatable seat belts in the rear seats. WTH is going on? Any ideas, advice?

joegr

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I think that it wouldn't hurt to get some other companies to quote coverage.
My wife just traded a 2015 car for a 2018 car, and her insurance did go down a little bit. In her case, I suspect that repair/replacement parts are lower cost on the 2018, as it is a much higher volume car than the 2015 she replaced.

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I think that it wouldn't hurt to get some other companies to quote coverage.
My wife just traded a 2015 car for a 2018 car, and her insurance did go down a little bit. In her case, I suspect that repair/replacement parts are lower cost on the 2018, as it is a much higher volume car than the 2015 she replaced.
Going to do that. Friend suggested Costco. Wife wants to check AAA. It just doesnt make any sense. I suppose I could drop comprehensive and collision but the car is still like new. Hate to have a dent I have to pay to fix.

MarkEricRoth

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
In PA we are able to pause our insurance while the car is parked (not used) because many people here have a car for winter and one for the rest of the year. Last year I was notified by State Farm, whom I have been insured with longer that the agent I spoke to has been alive, that I would not be able to pause my insurance anymore. So I shopped around and found that AAA, where I have been a member for about 10 years, would insure me for almost $800 a year less. They too don't allow pausing, but with savings like that, you bet I made that change!

Members online

No members online now.