instrument cluster removal.

Modular97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok peeps ive been searching for a while and i havent been able to find instructions on how to take out my instrument cluster to install white face gauges. I know the front plastic surround has to come off but im afraid to break it. Does anyone know how to take it off? Im talking about the plastic that covers the cluster that surrounds the messege display and has the a/c vents....would be nice to write some instructions on how to take it off.

you pry it out slowly. its all one peice and it snaps in and out of place. there is 2 screws up in the dash area well at least there is with a gen 1. you will need to remove the knob on the head light settings and remove that panel first. then there should be 3 or 4 bolts to take out there. and once you have those out and you remove the two screws above the cluster then start to pry the bezel out slowly taking your time so ya dont break it. after that its just a couple of bolts on each side of the cluster. pull it out then disconnect the harness. dont pull two hard as its strapped to the cluster. once you have that out you will find some smaller screws/bolts that hold the plastic faciing on remove them. then remove the needles and then you have access to the gauges.

Have you taken all the screws out?
After that pull

IMG_20130512_120140_760.jpg

IMG_20130512_120555.jpg

IMG_20130512_120039_481.jpg

IMG_20130512_120906_078.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back