I'm moving to Phoenix!!!

chris

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
After several months of resume writing job searching etc I finally got a job! I'm moving from RI to AZ next month. I'll be working at the Army Aviation Support Facility there. I dont know exactly where in town it is but thats where I'm going. Any of the AZ folks have any insight into Phoenix and or AZ for me??

Howdy Ho, neighbor! First things, first. You have gotta cruise Van Buren ave at dusk. Second the tap water is still hot. It's gonna be close to 100 today and not going to cool down till the end of October. You missed one heck of a Monsoon season. The Fuel blend being EPA junk at 91 octane, you may want to get a new tune on the car.
Oct. 14th is a meet in Scottsdale. Thats the money side of town. Even the average looking people seem to be beautiful.
Barret Jackson need I say more about that?
Keep boottled water on you most of the time. The air is so dry, that you may not realize that you are dehydrateing yourself, which would explain any unusual headaches. Oh yeah, you may catch "Valley Fever". pretty much every body gets it when they move here within the first year. No remedy for it and if you get it bad, really bad you die.
Get used to being in air conditioning for no less than 23.5 hours a day, 7-8 months a year. Unless you work outside and if you do, you will want to get an in-doors job.
Any one else?

pheonix is great i live in tucson thats about an hour away but they are one in the same

chris said:
After several months of resume writing job searching etc I finally got a job! I'm moving from RI to AZ next month. I'll be working at the Army Aviation Support Facility there. I dont know exactly where in town it is but thats where I'm going. Any of the AZ folks have any insight into Phoenix and or AZ for me??

My advice is basic but important. Garage and/or car cover......dash mat and tint. Ensure the AC is up to speed. Expect drivers to be obnoxious, generally.

Members online

No members online now.
Back