I'm getting really pissed ..

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
first of all i need a coil and spark plug costing me at 475 by Ford, wasnt coverd under warranty, so out of pocket.

NOW my message center says " Check charging system " i fold down my back seat my little thinggee from the sub reads 9. something, extremely low a good charge is about 14 i believe, then car stalls, happaned tonight, took me half hour to get home, i had to turn on and off my car, leave it off for about 5 min then turn it back on it would only last about 2 min, so WTF..

Then my message center says Check Advanc Trak, what in the blue hell for?! Is it because of the charging system and its telling me to check all types of sh!t in the car?

Honestly my battery is 1 year old, and it cost quite a bit so i doubt its that.

But anyway, you guys think the charging system would be coverd under warranty? i honestly dont feel like payin another 97.50 to the stealership to tell me what i need.

thanks !

whenever i want something checked out, i get the oil changed. then they don.t charge me any extra. one time i had a coolant leak.i brought it in for an oil change, and asked them to check out the leak. turned out to be a broken hose clamp. i think they charged me an extra 5 or 6 bucks. a lot better than the diagnosis fee.

Actually i just noticed your problem. 666 posts.

more info please

please state the symptoms you are experiencing slowly and completely. One step at a time. Thanks

Man I have the same problem right now, guess what...it's your alt, I took my car to him last week and he could see where the power steering fluid leaked onto (my like spilled onto) the alt and fried it, had to replace my alternator but my mechanic doesn't know what caused the fluid to spill, it would come out of the reservoir it's self right from up under the cap, does anyone know what could have caused that? would really be appreciated I NEED MY CAR BACK!!!! :-(

what year do you have?

my 01 v6 has the alt under the fan pump which is known to leak. I know mine does leak and the fluid leaks on everything below.

Yeah my power steering fluid would go everywhere on the right side of the car and it finally killed my alternator, only thing is I have to find the problem without shelling out too much money ie. 19yr old college student = broke.

i fold down my back seat my little thinggee from the sub reads 9.

huh? I check my voltage using a voltmeter at the battery terminals. Whats a little thingee at the sub?

suppose to save battery when sub is on .. honestly forgot what its called lol

it supplys extra current to the sub when a big draw occurs - without it your subs will stuck the power from everything else - causing your headlights to dim, PCM to go crazy, ....etc (it can even effect your ABS).

Depending on how you have your subs wired - often the amp and cap are connected directly to the battery (limiting the draw off the alternator and through the car's wiring) - however this means you are always drawing on the battery when the car is sitting off, slowly running your battery down over time.

first of all i need a coil and spark plug costing me at 475 by Ford, wasnt coverd under warranty, so out of pocket.

NOW my message center says " Check charging system " i fold down my back seat my little thinggee from the sub reads 9. something, extremely low a good charge is about 14 i believe, then car stalls, happaned tonight, took me half hour to get home, i had to turn on and off my car, leave it off for about 5 min then turn it back on it would only last about 2 min, so WTF..

Then my message center says Check Advanc Trak, what in the blue hell for?! Is it because of the charging system and its telling me to check all types of sh!t in the car?

Honestly my battery is 1 year old, and it cost quite a bit so i doubt its that.

But anyway, you guys think the charging system would be coverd under warranty? i honestly dont feel like payin another 97.50 to the stealership to tell me what i need.

thanks !

Failure of the alternator will lead to all sorts of error messages and malfunctions. Get the alternator fixed before worrying about the rest of it. The other errors should go away when you do. Also, if you let the battery voltage get below 10V and stay there very long, you will damage your one year old battery and need a new one of those too.

Man I have the same problem right now, guess what...it's your alt, I took my car to him last week and he could see where the power steering fluid leaked onto (my like spilled onto) the alt and fried it, had to replace my alternator but my mechanic doesn't know what caused the fluid to spill, it would come out of the reservoir it's self right from up under the cap, does anyone know what could have caused that? would really be appreciated I NEED MY CAR BACK!!!! :-(

Wild guess: A small leak on the suction side of the pump/system. It sucks air in and displaces the fluid forcing it out of the reservoir.

$475 for ONE COIL and ONE SPARK PLUG??? Including install?

Not kidding.

Made an appointment for tomorrow for the alternator, not covered under my warranty, wtf. Cost me 422 bucks.

The part itself is 200 something, then another 200 for labor and tax. :confused:

Not kidding.

Made an appointment for tomorrow for the alternator, not covered under my warranty, wtf. Cost me 422 bucks.

The part itself is 200 something, then another 200 for labor and tax. :confused:

your warrenty doesnt cover coils or the alt, then what does it cover?

you telling me, the day my mother signed the paperwork for warranty, she didnt read it, i was at work, the car is registerd under her name for insurance to be cheaper for me, I'm only 20.

So what ever they had her sign, I'm screwed.

Warrenty covers powertrain, and honestly, only specific parts are coverd.

I even called the place that gave me the warranty they said Ford isnt lying and only specific parts are coverd.

Yeah, most warranty policies only cover the parts they list in their wording.

Dont' feel bad, my car was in my mom's name too. 3 DWI's = REALLY high insurance.

A year ago, PepBoys flat rate labor charge for alternator replacement on a V8 LS was around $90. Their alternators range around $140 or so in price. Just a thought. Normally I dont go to PepBoys for auto repairs, but they were close by, had the lift (obviously), and I knew how easy the repair is once the car is up in the air. Figured they couldnt screw that up...and they didnt.

When it comes to parts and OEM, think of giving Max a call at Five Star Ford. I have to replace ALL 6 coils, plugs, VCG....got all the parts from him for just under $400 plus shipping costs.

Not a bad deal now that I read your post.

Members online

No members online now.
Back