Ignition acctuator rod switch

rollinstonekeith

LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I was driving my 1995 Mark VIII to school and the acctuator rod must have broke or something, because I turned the key to the off position and the car did not shut off and the key pulled right out. I drove the car back home and pulled the fuse that controls the fuel pump to get the car to shut off. The key move so easily through all the positions, yet won't shut the car off. Anyone have any diagrams of how to replace the rod and/or the switch???

Thanks, Vic

Mine did that a few months ago. I had to replace the lock cylinder. $18 for a cylinder, $5 to get new keys made. Bring your keys to a good keysmith and they will cut your door part on the new keys that come with the cylinder, as they are only partially cut...

Yes I did disconnect the battery. I bought a new actuator rod set and the only problem is I do not know how to take the column apart to get the old rod out and the new rod in. Anyone know how to do that??? The column is like cast together and I just need to know how to separate it.

Thanks, Vic

I have the whole column dropped down from the car I just need to know how to get the thing apart from that point to get the old rods out and new rods in.

If anyone has this problem it is a pin that fell out. It is the pin that holds the two plastic slide pieces together. Just pop it back in. We used lock tite to make sure it doesn't come out again.

Thanks guys for the posts, Vic

Yes I did disconnect the battery. I bought a new actuator rod set and the only problem is I do not know how to take the column apart to get the old rod out and the new rod in. Anyone know how to do that??? The column is like cast together and I just need to know how to separate it.

Thanks, Vic
Where did you find the actuator rod set? I am needing on for my 96 mark viii... Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.
Back