Idle air control valve issues..

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Cleaned my 163k iac last week and it didn't seem to fix an odd problem I'm having. My issue is that any temperature below 15 degrees or over 85 will result in a intermittent rough start/idle.

When <15 it'll occasionally 'chug' once started and sometimes die after a few seconds if it's <0, a little gas seems to smooth it out. I did replace the 2 vacuum hoses on top of the intake late last winter and that fixed 75% of the issue.

When it's warm out it'll start fine, the same problem happens approx 1 minute into my daily trip while sitting at one of two lights... every single time it's above 85~. Though it will never die, just chugs looking for what I think is some air. I'll pop it in N and let it smooth out, back into D when the light turns and it's fine for the remainder of the drive home.

Typical iac issues?

Sounds like O2 sensor or temp sensor related more than anything. But what happens when you unplug it while there is issue?

Sounds like O2 sensor or temp sensor related more than anything. But what happens when you unplug it while there is issue?

I don't think it's a 02 issue due to when it happens. Temp sensor could be a possibility, I'll have to look into that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back