ice box

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
got into contact with Lincoln Motor Sports, and they don't make the "ice box" any more dose anybody have the dimensions for this item so i can make my own.

Get some cardboard/scissors and duct tape and go to town. Whe you have a prototype made, find appropriate material to transfer the template to.

i took out my air ride compressor, went to hope depot got a short pvc elbow and rubber pvc black connector and slapped a cone on the end of that - you also need the maf adapater late, my intake sits right where the air ride used to be. awesome freakin mod for cheap. my hot air intake i was actually losing power.

when the filter sits down behind the bumper in the fender man it really makes a difference. my setup is similar to drillers but he used some real like injen or aem style piping customed up. i dont have the patience or money, it does the exact same thing.

i switched back to a bigger filter like 9 inch that i had just in the engine bay no heatshield... wow night and day. its all about experimenting. i could care less what anyone says if its pvc or not it works. and you can barely tell its only about a foot long and mandaral bent sorta. when i put my hand on it after romping around when its pretty hot out, no soak whatsoever. laugh it up guys. :)

We cannot find a machine shop to do them in small runs so we dropped it. In our testing on Walt's car (some will remember this from LOD) we only ever gain a 5th of a second in the 1/4 mile and maybe 1 mph if that so it really wasnt that big of a deal, they are not reliant on each other to work properly.

You can make one very easy like Driller said, that's how we made ours.

My conical just sitting in the engine bay and it feels better than the stock airbox, maybe its just a placebo effect.

see i had that for a while and i noticed when my car was first warmed up it was a lot faster than after it had been running for a while. turns out it was the intake. stock it takes the air from the outside the engine bay...

it has better throttle response but most likely less hp once your engine bay gets hot.

see i had that for a while and i noticed when my car was first warmed up it was a lot faster than after it had been running for a while. turns out it was the intake. stock it takes the air from the outside the engine bay...

it has better throttle response but most likely less hp once your engine bay gets hot.

It's not that much of a diffrence at all, try it with the stock air box too, you will find the car is always a litter more zippy when cold.

2 tenths in the quarter is pretty substantial when you are talking about something that costs 50 dollars. imho

Not 2 tents LOL I said a 5th maybe I worded it wrong, half a tenth, thats it.

Maybe 1 mph if that, there could have been many variables that night.

You Mean like this LOL... But I have an LMS MAF..

vbpgimage.php

i took out my air ride compressor, went to hope depot got a short pvc elbow and rubber pvc black connector and slapped a cone on the end of that - you also need the maf adapater late, my intake sits right where the air ride used to be. awesome freakin mod for cheap. my hot air intake i was actually losing power.

when the filter sits down behind the bumper in the fender man it really makes a difference. my setup is similar to drillers but he used some real like injen or aem style piping customed up. i dont have the patience or money, it does the exact same thing.

i switched back to a bigger filter like 9 inch that i had just in the engine bay no heatshield... wow night and day. its all about experimenting. i could care less what anyone says if its pvc or not it works. and you can barely tell its only about a foot long and mandaral bent sorta. when i put my hand on it after romping around when its pretty hot out, no soak whatsoever. laugh it up guys. :)

Or you can do this. We tried this a few years ago and again there wasnt enough interest but I still have ONE of these babies left if anyone want's it $100.00 plus s&h.

lmscoldair1.jpg

Or you can do this. We tried this a few years ago and again there wasnt enough interest but I still have ONE of these babies left if anyone want's it $100.00 plus s&h.

Yeah

Drive through a little high water and your cold air intake becomes a bilge pump.

Geno

The new MAF is awesome, I love the added growl to the V8.

Thanks alot

Adam

There are no water issues at all. Your not submerging the vehicle, we drove with this for 8 months with no problems even in down pours.

Great glad to hear you like the MAF kit.

! acha its not pvc at all! i could have done that but i bought a pvc with a rubber cuppler, i didnt think of that! wouldnt have needed to buy a new filter either, i still have a monster 9 inch filter just layin in my back seat. i doubt your way or my way are much differnent. as long as theres free'd up flow and the air is coming from outside of the engine bay is the main goal.

! acha its not pvc at all! i could have done that but i bought a pvc with a rubber cuppler, i didnt think of that! wouldnt have needed to buy a new filter either, i still have a monster 9 inch filter just layin in my back seat. i doubt your way or my way are much differnent. as long as theres free'd up flow and the air is coming from outside of the engine bay is the main goal.

Probably no difference. But I do have a new Idea that I'm working on with Speed Demon. If this works we'll be posting the info shortly.

I was thinking of making one out of lexan and then I was going to cover it dynomat. But it seems like that might be too much work, I would really like something like the cervini's ram air hood kit.

the end of that metal one is fabbed up nice but the diameter looks restrictive, i would have went 4 inch, the angle makes it look small, it could just be me - is that 3 inch?

Members online

No members online now.
Back