I was WRONG!

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
About "red dragon" not going any faster. Just got back from the track and ran new N/A best. This was done on all 4 radial street tires on car, NO slicks. I felt bad about beating GTO boy with my slicks to his DR's. So I wanted to make it even. Just for the heck of it I thru on all street tires on car not expecting anything good. First hit was a 1.684 60ft,better then the slicks. Hmmm might have something here. End up 60fting best ever of 1.672 with an ET of 12.573 with a back up run of 12.576. The car was spinning on the 1-2 shift also. I will have HD vids of these runs soon.

What gear and converter are you running? Good times, must be putting down some decent HP.

So two of these "street tires" are DR's...what size are the other two?

Neither. If anything, a tired, but inquisitive tone. Tired of the antagonistic secrecy "game".
Ok because I was taking the " street tire" thing as you saying BFG DR's are not street tires. I just wanted to know your intent before I reacted. :) If you think all my million build threads and post are a secrecy game that would mean most on here work for the NSA. You also beat all the pics and vids I will be showing on this. We get home from track at 11pm. My friend was nice enough to do this for me. I will have to wait to get disc from him.

And yet, the question remains unanswered as usual.

Huh?
See there is more of your negativity. I gave you str8 answer that I will post PIC and vids of everything you asked. You asked ?'s before I have pics and vids in my hand.

Why post a picture of the tire size when you could easily type it? Either way, I guess we'll wait for pictures.

And how was any of that negative? Factual is more fitting.

Why post a picture of the tire size when you could easily type it? Either way, I guess we'll wait for pictures.

And how was any of that negative? Factual is more fitting.

A picture is worth a thousand words. I am in no way obligated to answer any and all ?'s. But if I don't answer your ? in one millionth of a sec relax it will be coming.

Well I know its possible to run those times on true radials, look at the "stock appearing drags" all cars required to run radials or bias ply tires for an original look but can have any internal modifications done to the drivetrane so long as it "appears" stock from the outside engine included. Some of these cars are in the mid 10s at 130+ mph on actual radials..NOT drag radials. I am a little skeptical that those runs from frank were made on a true radial tire however..these guys in the stock appearing drags are babying them off the line however are making a lot more power to make up the difference at the top end..you can't tell me that you bettered your 60' times on a radial tire compared to a slick..regardless of track prep. I do agree that a drag radial is still a street tire though..so its all in how you word it. I guess we will find out when you post pictures or videos or whatever.

Correct a "drag radial" is a RADIAL tire just like I stated. I even said I wanted to be EVEN with him with his DR's. Couple posts up I say they are BFG DR's. How could I be even with him if I ran Uniroyal "tigerpaw" radial? LOL

Correct a "drag radial" is a RADIAL tire just like I stated. I even said I wanted to be EVEN with him with his DR's. Couple posts up I say they are BFG DR's. How could I be even with him if I ran Uniroyal "tigerpaw" radial? LOL

You're making this into a word puzzle..

You're making this into a word puzzle..
No some are making this into a work puzzle. Did I lie when I said I put Radials on my car? Don't I always show some nice pics and vids for all to see what I'm talking about. Again ?'s where asked before I have my hands on disc. I posted this right when I got home from track at like midnight.

You provide us with the minimal facts when you post your times on here..its just human nature to question you when you're running the fastest n/a mark viii that this forum has ever seen. It seems like now you're TRYING to get people to argue with you over it, and then you get defensive..or at least it comes off as defensive when reading it on here..I dunno..just my observation. Present the info how you like, not tellin you what to do but just expect that kind of reaction from people when you do. Eitherway you have a badass car..can't argue that.

You provide us with the minimal facts when you post your times on here..its just human nature to question you when you're running the fastest n/a mark viii that this forum has ever seen..
He has posted all his mods. its obvious to me he is a track rat and knows how to pull the most out of his 60s.
He has also been called a cheater by more then one member, Frank knows stuff....it comes from hours of seat time at the track.
Frank owes no member any facts.
He has earned his ET.

Long live the King.
:gr_hail:

Come on guys,shouldn't be like this on the Forums..This is why I never really wanted to get on the forums,we are supposed to all be grown adults and brothers in arms..now that i'm here,i'll check you if you are acting like a child in a thread i'm on...this is supposed to be a socially based informative outlet for us...So some guys don't want to let everything out of the bag so what,it's their hard work and seat time and I will be thankful at any info guys are willing to share..

He has posted all his mods. its obvious to me he is a track rat and knows how to pull the most out of his 60s.
He has also been called a cheater by more then one member, Frank knows stuff....it comes from hours of seat time at the track.
Frank owes no member any facts.
He has earned his ET.

Long live the King.
:gr_hail:

You're missing my point..I'm not saying he doesn't post his build threads..I'm saying when he posts these track times he doesn't elaborate much on the details of the runs IE saying "I was running radial street tires" which raises questions..and whenever someone QUESTIONS him he tends to get defensive, or at least it comes off that way..you can't read someone's demeanor through a forum post. All of this can be avoided with just simple facts instead of playing games. I know frank is a very knowledgable guy..I said the same thing you did in his last thread.

there are 2 ways to go fast.
make a lot of power, or live at the track.
its pretty clear, this guy lives at the track.
the "driver mod" if you will.

there are 2 ways to go fast.
make a lot of power, or live at the track.
its pretty clear, this guy lives at the track.
the "driver mod" if you will.

LOL,that sounds like me too...at the track every Fri & Sun night,10-15 passes every weekend and my baby makes a ton of power..Absolutely awesome on the 60's
Right on the Mark!!

Not familiar with your car Right on the Mark,what are you runing under the hood?? you don't have to disclose intricate details,just the Meat & potatoes..just curious..

Not familiar with your car Right on the Mark,what are you runing under the hood?? you don't have to disclose intricate details,just the Meat & potatoes..just curious..
A stock mk8 engine. Stock from TB to oil pan with some bolt ons. Long tube Headers,magnaflow muffs,underdrives,elec WP,MAF,March ram air,Chip(only really used to raise Rev limit) .To tune FPR and external timing adjuster. 9.5 inch converter.Couple Traclock pumkins set up with what ever gears I need at the time. (N/A or NOS). Weld Pro Stars all around. Still on factory air susp. And yes the car is no longer 4000lbs. You know how to use the advanced search on here? You can search just my name for threads I have alot.

On the bottle I use single wet fogger with a 61 jet. 150hp shot.

Tried to look up info but i guess i wasn't doing it right..lol Pretty good times for B ports heads..best N/A on my old Aviator swap set up mid 13's i believe and that's with Circle D pro mod triple disc Torque converter,4.10 with a Trac Loc,99 cobra upper/lower plen,twin 65mm BBK and a CIA = if i remember right 285rwhp & 310ftptq on my tuner's Dyno.. nowhere near enough Power to weight ratio to get out of the 13's unless i could have dropped 600+ lb's... but,I never did the long-tube's from SCP so there is 30hp right there..interesting...

LOL,that sounds like me too...at the track every Fri & Sun night,10-15 passes every weekend and my baby makes a ton of power..Absolutely awesome on the 60's

Our street nights are weds and Fridays. Weds is all street night have to have DOT tires and muffs. Friday can have slicks and muffs. Last Fri I got in 11 runs and this past weds got in 13! LOL Man if you ran 10's at my track that would only be once, then booted for no rollbar. I really wanted to run the bottle more but like you will be putting rollbar in over winter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back