I tried searching

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I really did lol. But using an ipod isnt the easiest to search on.

I have no sound from my interior speakers. My subs still play, just no doors. Is there an amp that controls/powers the cabin speakers that could have blown? Or does anyone have any ideas of what to check?

Oem setup? If not, what do you have powering your doors?

I have an aftermarket pioneer single din hu. Thats all i changed up front. I also have two subs in the trunk w/ aftermarket amp powering those

Just making sure I am about to answer incorrectly.....the door speakers are all being powered off of the head unit?

Ummm...i guess lol. Does the factory radio power them? If it does, then yes

Ummm...i guess lol. Does the factory radio power them? If it does, then yes

Yes, the factory HU powers the door speakers in the base system. The Alpine has a couple of external amps. Did you check the appropriate fuses?

Without knowing for sure, I would guess yes the head unit is powering the doors. For them to all go out at once sounds on the surface to be a head unit issue. By any chance did anyone mess with the fader settings? Starting with the easiest possible resolution before going saying there may be an issue with the head unit itself.

You could have blown the unit....wifes alpine DIN did the same thing

@ls4me, i checked 3 different fuses that had "radio" listed in the owners manual. It got too cold for me so i bailed on checking more fuses.

@marc, i checked that first. Its all even.

Sh!t sucks riding around with only bass and no words lol

**The car did come with the alpine system**

I hope not. Dont wanna buy a new one, and i dont wanna put the factory stereo back in and be w/o my subs

Pm Loud on it but it sounds as if the head unit just took a leap off of a cliff without a parachute.

Well on the bright side you can get a double din now.

@ g rell, it (the sound) just instantly went out as i avoided rear ending someone who got in front of me then hit the brakes (they switched lanes at the wrong time lol, jumped into the slow lane for some reason). Soon as i swerved left to the other lane, i didnt hear my subs anymore. I said "wtf!?!?!"

@black, i wish. I replaced it with another radio i already had. This one is better tho

Members online

Back