I require the smoothest ride possible...

J Ashley

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
On my '91 TC I recently replaced my air suspension system. I noticed a better ride overall. This brought up the thought.. could I make it any better?

What can I do to make the car ride smoother overall? I am more into a large, soft, boaty, pillowey, feel.. rather than a stiff feel performace feel. Nothing has ever been done to the suspension other than the rear sir.. I can feel bumps more than I could a year ago. So what can I do? I would love to replicate the ride of my '79.

Buddy im facing the same dilemma coming from my 88 to a newer car. She will list to starbord if you cut the wheel hard enough but man is that ride smoooooooth.

The only thing i can think of that would give you a more disconnected feeling with the bumps is softer shocks but that may compromise other parts of the suspension.

sometimes if you raise the car up ( air bags ) it will ride a little better . the 84 i had adjusted the ride height to where i wanted it . but the rest of fyour parst have to in good working order .

If you adjust the ride height sensor to lower the car, it will ride smoother. You must be careful though, because if you go too low the shocks will not perform properly anymore. There is a threshold to be aware of there. The lower the car, the softer the airbags react. But again, remember the travel of the shocks.

You could always remove the tires and extend the axles about 4 feet out on each side of the car ----- you then find 8 girls, two for each wheel....... You get the picture. :)

Members online

Back