I need to upgrade my factory alarm and get auto start, any suggestions?

seanklsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking a Clifford RSX Matrix 3.5... goes for about $250 on the internet. Any reason to get a Solaris 5 or Avantguard 5? A professional will install it on my 96 Lincoln. How much does that usually cost?

These are the features I need:

Keyless entry (to work with the keypad on my door, too)
Alarm
Auto start
Very good distance (Clifford promises at least 1/4 mile with FM freq)
Trunk release
2 way remote
Roll up/down windows (Clifford has a $90 module)

seanklsc said:
I'm thinking a Clifford RSX Matrix 3.5... goes for about $250 on the internet. Any reason to get a Solaris 5 or Avantguard 5? A professional will install it on my 96 Lincoln. How much does that usually cost?

These are the features I need:

Keyless entry (to work with the keypad on my door, too)
Alarm
Auto start
Very good distance (Clifford promises at least 1/4 mile with FM freq)
Trunk release
2 way remote
Roll up/down windows (Clifford has a $90 module)

You have mail.....

1wykdmk8, was there a specific alarm system that you recommend? I would like to do the same to my '01 Lincoln LS V8

Yea, I'm thinkin' of ditchin' the POWER mod's and start some STYLE mods. I'm thinkin' of shaving the door handles and molding, much like Ray himself did ! He's my idol... :D

So to go along with the shaved door handles, I was looking to get a nice remote door set up, along with alarm upgrade/ auto start.

So Ray, along with the auto start/remote setup what suggestions do you have while having the doorhandles shaved ?

Viper all the way. the only feature i don not have s remote start and thats cause i wasnt surrendering a key for it.
i have
full passive arming
windows up down vent
trunk
silent armin/disarmin
responder
full express windows up and down
and i just bought another window module for my roof.
and i installed it all by myself

LBK_LS said:
1wykdmk8, was there a specific alarm system that you recommend? I would like to do the same to my '01 Lincoln LS V8

Viper.....I have NEVER used anything else my entire life. I have been a Viper authorized installer for years (not now....I do not work at a stereo shop any longer.....but have been in the past). I have the Viper 560XV alarm in my car, and would recommend it to anyone. It is actually simple to install. The ONLY problem is if you plan on having it installed, and not installing it yourself, I can not get you the deal that I can get. IF you think you can install it yourself then I can get you an awesome deal on them.

Members online

Back