I honestly think the end is near

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Had an issue with the rear brakes last week. Driver's side rear caliper froze and drove the pad into the rotor (EBC slotted BTW, I would recommend them for longevity).
Got pads and hardware to do all four. I started at the rear because of the noise and found the problem, Okay two piece rotor all I need is the carrier, guide pins and boots, off to the online ordering place. All parts are on the way and get here but the guide pins. No trouble I'll go to (insert local supply house) and get some to get the job done, it's Saturday and I want the car back on the road. Troubles after all, it seems they stopped making the guide pins and they are not carried in the local stores.
Then while I'm under there I'm looking around and see all the grease boots are ruptured on the sway bar end links and the adjustable toe links, another $300!
I finally got tired of the Monroe shocks at the rear so a few weeks ago I went looking for new Motorcraft to put on all the way 'round. That whole thing was an ordeal too! The rear sports are no longer manufactured so I had to get them from two different vendors when I found them. I guess I got motivated at the right time!
This car is under 72,000 miles and it's failing like this, finding that parts are scarce and getting expensive, if you can find them at all.
I'm retiring in two years and was planning on holding onto this car until then and treat myself something new. I have a spare set of COPS and plugs for their next cycle and I know the plastic pieces on the cooling system are my next time bomb but anything else I think I'm out.

In the wise words of Bluto from Animal House:
"My advice to you is to drink heavily."
And then, keep the LS for a bit longer...;)

that's the big issue with this car its becoming a dealer only car and even they have issues with getting parts.

Members online

No members online now.
Back